Hip arthritis help please

Options
angilee
angilee Member Posts: 102
edited 19. Nov 2017, 11:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone,
Not been on the forum for a while, but my hip arthritis pain is definitely getting worse. There is one thing I am confused about though...along with the groin pain I have pain on the outside of my knee..does anyone here have any experience of this?

Thank you

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'd guess it's because you're walking awkwardly due to the hip pain. Why not ask your GP to check it out? If so, a few exercises might help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello angilee
    And welcome to the forum
    I first went to my GP with knee pain , around 9 years ago now..he referred me to a consultant..all xrays done and it came back has referred pain form my hip..I am now 2 new hips down the line...apparently its common to have pain in the knee form the hips..hope this helps..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    My knees used to hurt only in the centre of the joints, now they hurt inside and outside too. I attribute this to the OA in both ankles and hips, plus PsA and OA in my knees. My knees now turn inwards instead of facing front. When one joint is affected we unconsciously change how we stand and walk in an effort to reduce discomfort thus putting other joints under strain which leads to more pain. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    angilee wrote:
    Hi Everyone,
    Not been on the forum for a while, but my hip arthritis pain is definitely getting worse. There is one thing I am confused about though...along with the groin pain I have pain on the outside of my knee..does anyone here have any experience of this?

Thank you

Hi angilee
    I suffered severe pain in my knee.Xrays (done at my insistence) showed my hip was 'knackered' (my doctors words,my surgeon said nothing just looked at my xray and put his hand over his eyes!!).I had no hip pain! :shock:
    My hip replacement was a great success and has been no problem since (post op you must do as you're told especially exercises) :D

(Hello barbara,sticky and of course dreamdaisy it really is prefabkid!!)
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Long time no read, Ron! :D How lovely to see your name on here again: how is Kent? And more to the point - how's the beer? 8) I hope you are keeping as well as possible. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben