MRI this weekend after 3 month wait

palo
palo Member Posts: 240
edited 17. Nov 2017, 05:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
So, I am finally getting my MRI for my back this weekend, and what do I hear, that the wait for the MRI results is now 10 weeks, I was advised by the phsyio it would be 6 weeks. I really am beyond fed up.

Life is nothing but a pile of poo. Hubby's trigeminal neuralgia kicked off last week and we have spent monday-wednesday trying to get his consultant to agree to increasing his pain meds, he will only talk to the GP, which he did yesterday, so finally started upping that yesterday.

Spent most of yesterday chasing up a parcel that was meant to be delivered to Greece by tomorrow, after finding out it had not been collected from drop of point since Monday. Wrote to managing directors of DPS and Parcels 2 Go and found the latter had lied and it will not get there for another 9 working days!! So will be losing that customer, which I can't afford as business is barely ticking over, with the sciatica I have barely worked since June.

I have never felt so close to quitting as I do now.

All in all, I feel life is just too hard for me now and I have had enough, something has got to give.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Palo
    sorry to hear you have been having such a rough time, it can be so hard when things just all seem to pile up and there is nothing positive going on. I am glad you came here to talk about it. Might it be a good idea to talk to our helplines tomorrow on 0808 800 4050. They are extremely supportive and the calls are free.
    I hope things start to feel better for you soon.
    Sending gentle hugs
    Sharon
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Palo, this just doesn't sound like you at all. Sometimes life just seems to conspire against us and saps all our strength. Yours will return because you are a very strong person but, meanwhile, ((( ))).
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • palo
    palo Member Posts: 240
    I know sw, it just feels like it is all slipping away, business is slipping away and I have to interest or enthusiasm to do anything about it.

I just want to run away and hide.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    To a very limited extent I can understand the business frustration as our son in L.A. has a small business and, when we're there, he seems to spend a couple of hours every day on the phone chasing up suppliers and distributers for not doing their job and then trying to square things with the customers. It seems so unnecessary. Or ought to be. But at least he doesn't have illness to contend with too.

Why not take up Sharon's suggestion of ringing the Helplines? They might come up with a suggestion or two and sometimes it does help just to talk and share the problems, especially with people who understand.

((( )))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright