Hileenas Mam has sadley passed away

barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
edited 27. Nov 2017, 11:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hileena has got in touch and asked me to let her friends know that her Mam has passed away in Ireland..she went peacefully in her sleep, Hileena is so pleased they went over and had one last time with her..thinking of you Hileena..(()) xx
Love
Barbara

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thinking of you Hileena. What a blessing you were able to visit this weekend.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    This will be a very sad time for you, Hileena, but I'm so pleased you got over there to see her. That will be a consolation, I hope.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    So pleased that you went.God bless. (((())))
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Dear Hileena,

We are all thinking of you at this sad time

With love,

Yvonne and the team x
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    So sorry to hear this, but as others have said it was good that you were able to be with her and I am sure that is a comfort to you.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Just hugs ((((((( ))))))).
    I'm so pleased you were able to see her. I hope that you have good friends and family around you to share your happy memories and your overwhelming sadness.

Every blessing,

Deb xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Thinking of you Heleena. Gentle hugs.
    ChrisK
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Thank you Barbara for letting us know.

Dear Hileena

I am sorry to hear that your dear mam has passed away. I know she was unwell and I believe she waited for you to get to her bedside. My heart goes out to you and your family at this sad time.

Bless you,
    Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    Thankyou for your reply's, it will mean a lot to Hilleena, she got in touch yesterday to say the funeral is on Friday..there are no flights back over the weekend so will be there till next week..hope all goes well Hileena xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello Hileena, I know that today will be a difficult one; I am thinking of you and hope you are able to celebrate your mum's long life not only with tears but also with laughter and smiles. DD
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Dear Hileena,

You are very much in my thoughts today.

Sending you love, strength and gentle hugs,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hello everyone
    I'm back sooner than I thought I would be.

When Paul and Sarah found out about their Gran they got on a plane on Thursday for the funeral on Friday. The same flight although they didn't know it LOL They both live away from home.
    They got the plane from a different airport to us and they do have flights over the weekend. So we ended up losing our money for the return flight and getting a different one on Fri evening. The same flight they were on. We got home last night {Friday} after the cremation.
    I'm shattered, physically and emotionally.
    I'll talk later, thanks for all your kind messages

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Welcome home, Hileena. Of course you will be shattered every which way after such a difficult time but the best place to recover is home and I'm glad you managed an earlier flight. Just take things easy now.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hileena I'm so sorry I missed your sad news, I'm sure you must be emotionally and physically drained after such a tuff day yesterday and flying home the same day and getting home late. Hope you take a few days to get your strength back. (())'s for you and your family.
  • hileena111
    Hi Sticky
    How are things with you?
    Glad we didn't have to stay over the weekend. Its 6pm Sat and we are both still shattered :?
    Probably tomorrow I will take time to relax, at the moment I'm still running about getting sorted.
    Hi Bubba
    We were there 8 days altogether We went over to see her. [in a nursing home] When my brother told her I was coming over her first words were "I'll have to get my hair done" LOL typical of my mother even at 95. We left here on Fri and were told she was worse, not very responsive at all. Went to see her Fri evening when we arrived and I talked to her all the time I was there. Said I would be back in the morning. Next morning just before we left Billy arrived and said she had died :cry:

I think that's about it
    Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Hi Barbara
    Things have been so mixed up since I came back I forgot to say thanks for keeping people up to date. I wasn't online over there.

Love
    Hileena
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    My deepest sympathy goes to Hileena and her family.
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Thank you for your message of sympathy

Also for all the other kind messages. They really do mean a lot.
    I still haven't got over it. I don't expect to for some time I suppose.

Love
    HILEENA
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Sending you some extra ((())) Hileena.

God bless your Mum and all of you.

(I can imagine her wanting her hair done :wink: )

Toni xxx
  • hileena111
    Hi Toni
    Thanks.....That is typical of my mam LOL It was such a short time before she became responsive as well.

Love
    Hileena xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi Toni
    Thanks.....That is typical of my mam LOL It was such a short time before she became responsive as well.

Love
    Hileena xxx

To be fair you now you'd be no different :wink: ((()))

Love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Hileena, there is no need to say thank you: you have many friends on here who know and understand the stress of such times. My Ma died on April 10 2013 and, much to my genuine surprise, I miss her far more than I thought I would. Everyone is different in how they react and respond to bereavement, there is no right or wrong way to feel. DD
  • barbara12
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi Barbara
    Things have been so mixed up since I came back I forgot to say thanks for keeping people up to date. I wasn't online over there.

Love
    Hileena

You are welcone Hileena..hope you are recovering form the journey..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Hileena,

I'm so sorry to hear you've lost your beloved Mam. I hope that seeing her just before she passed is now a little comfort to you.

Take care of yourself.
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!