Hi all

I`m new in here

Have an Gaut since about 6 years but diagnosed 2 years ago

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Stardusr and welcome to the forums.

I have posted an answer to your query in Helplines as the Helpline Team are not around at the weekends.

Best wishes
    Brynmor
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I hadn't heard of Gaut so did a little research - did you mean gout? My husband has that every now and again, and very painful it is too. He takes an anti-inflammatory medication called naproxen and after around ten days or so it goes away. Has your doctor given you anything? DD

christmas04
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I see that you have asked about whether you would qualify for a BB: you won't know until you try. There is a misconception that BBs are only given to those with mobility issues but this is far from true, people with hidden conditions such as angina also qualify (wrongly in my opinion, if you can walk without aids because your condition does not cause mobility issues you can manage without a BB). They have certainly tightened up on those who do qualify, and rightly so because the system is open to abuse, but many (me included) are in genuine need. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben