Gaut and Blue Badge

Stardusr
Stardusr Member Posts: 5
Hi all

As a new on forum can`t fully recognize where some topics are or just it`s too many topics to sort it.

Basically my gaut is in most of the times very easy to manage but about 10-15 times in a year i`m having like 3 days attacks where even painkillers can`t help.

That is why my question.

I`m fully aware that only people who can`t walk from car to store or something like that people can get one but honestly just tell me how many of those got some illness at all. Most just cheating system and having one.

Can i due to my Gaut get an Blue Disability Badge??

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Stardusr

Im sorry to hear about the periodic attacks of gout, which must be so painful. The Arthritis Care web site has a fact sheet on the subject and contains advice on

- what triggers a painful attack
    - suggestions for help during an attack
    - how to manage the effects on your life

It can be downloaded from here: https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/do-i-have-arthritis/publications/230-gout

Information regarding eligibility for the Blue Badge Scheme can be found through Citizen's Advice: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/help-for-disabled-travellers1/blue-badge-scheme/applying-for-a-blue-badge/

And you can check to see if you are eligible using the online application process https://www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge

All best wishes
    Brynmor
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi Stardurs,

I apologise for the delay in the Helpline responding to your message.

Fortunately, I see that Brynmor has given a really helpful and comprehensive respond. There is not much left for me to add, except to say that if it would help to talk things over, you would be very welcome to call the Arthritis Care Helpline.

With best wishes,

Rachael, Helpline Worker
  • Stardusr
    Stardusr Member Posts: 5
    Hi Stardurs,

I apologise for the delay in the Helpline responding to your message.

Fortunately, I see that Brynmor has given a really helpful and comprehensive respond. There is not much left for me to add, except to say that if it would help to talk things over, you would be very welcome to call the Arthritis Care Helpline.

With best wishes,

Rachael, Helpline Worker

Hi there

Thx for all replies

I have got an appointment with my manager on Thursday due to that because have a feeling like the company and main management don't exactly realise what is the Gaut means.

Also I need to apologise all because I have forgotten to mention about one very important thing.
    My Gaut is not a usual one
    I have it due to genetic past and I know that my problems are caused more often than the standard gaut.

If I'm wrong can you please clarify that so I can change my point of view.

And after seeing my boss I will be able to put myself in position more directly.

Regards
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi Stardurs

If you have gout that is not being controlled, we'd encourage you to ring our helpline. There may be some long term medication options to explore to manage the situation. If you've tried many medications from the GP without success, you may need an appointment with a rheumatologist to look into the situation.

If you'd like some further information, do get in touch.

0808 800 4050 9.30-5pm Monday-Friday

Kind regards

Guy