hello

liverpool23
liverpool23 Member Posts: 2
edited 12. Jan 2018, 02:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello all, I have just joined the site, I have suffered with an arthritic hip for 5 yrs and its getting worse and worse, sadly I also have a heart condition which means a new hip is very dangerous for me to have, I was told by my surgeon its a case of "learn to live with it" anyway just wanted to say hello and please be gentle...ernie

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums liverpool23 from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

Good luck with your appointment with the Consultant tomorrow, let us know how you go on.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

John
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. Sadly, with OA, it is a case of learning to live with it until surgery is necessary but how very difficult for you to know that surgery is not an option. I too have OA in a number of useful joints and it does present its challenges, especially in the colder weather. What pain relief has your doctor prescribed and do you use any walking aids? They can help to ease the strain on the other hip and joints. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello and a warm welcomes form me..it really does help to talk things through and we are hear to listen...it was a dilemma for me making up my mind to have my hips replaced but I don't have an heart problem...but your surgeon will be aware of this ..still it will be a worry for you...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Hi! Come on in and have your tuppance worth. I like this forum because as arthers we get to say what we want without guilt or comupance from our peers. What we feel gets said like it is.

Try it, its quite freeing.........
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Hello, so sorry to hear of your dilemma. I have RA, OA and Osteoporosis. I'm sure you will find many friends on here as we are a friendly bunch. Pop into Val's Cafe any time you need a good laugh. All the food is calorie free, we are all animal mad (we've just acquired our own zoo and other delights.

:animal_busy: :animal_busy: :animal_busy: :animal_busy:

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Hi there and welcome to the forum. I hope you find it a helpful and inspiring place.

I totally understand (as so many of us do here) about your problems and associated health conditions.

I was told virtually the very same thing, I have OA of my cervical and lumbar spine, both knees, neuropathy, facet joint erosion and the list goes on. I also have chronic ischaemic heart disease and have had two heart attacks, so the Ortho Surgeon said, the risks are far too high to opt for any surgical procedures with regards your joints :roll: :roll:
    A case of living with it, as you say. A case of managing, knowing our limitations, juggling a wide range of pain relief, to find a level that suits us, without knocking us out completely and keeping going. By nature, we are designed to try and keep going, which is not a bad thing.

Do pop into the Cafe, as our lovely Kath said, it is a wonderful place, to let off steam, eat as much cake as possible, have a laugh or cry, but most of all enjoy the support from a great bunch of people who share their lives with this forum, often under very difficult circumstances.

Take care X Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's been a while since we heard form you, I hope you enjoyed Christmas and the New Year. I also hope all is as well as possible but if not we are here to listen. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben