Newly diagnosed with RM

CeliaRC1968
CeliaRC1968 Member Posts: 2
edited 18. Dec 2017, 14:18 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, just officially diagnosed by my consultant on Wednesday. Eye test tomorrow and then I start on hydroxychloroquine all being well.

I'm 49 by the skin of my teeth. My aim is to be able to wear nice shoes comfortably for my 50th birthday in January!

Sadly, at the moment my aim is to be able to sleep through the pain in my wrist, so that I can go to work tomorrow. I work in a school, so I've got 2.5 days to claw my way to the end.

I've no idea where to start. Just hoping that if I have a question, I might be able to find an answer or at least support here.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello

Welcome to the forums. You will find you will get support, advice, friendship and light relief here.

If you feel you need more answers to your problems you may like to give the Arthritis Cares freephone helpline a call. It's open 09.00 to 16.00hrs on 0808 800 4050 and they will be able to advise you on any problems you have.

I am one of the moderation team, we all have one or more of the Arthritis hangers on or look after family members with the same.

If the next time you post you may find it more helpful to post in the Living with Arthritis section as this is where most members post and use.

Best wishes

Chris
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I have psoriatic arthritis (PsA) which in turn has led to osteo (OA) and fibromyalgia (I don't think that has initials!) I am racking my brains but cannot work out what RM is: I apologise. :oops: I am guessing it's an auto-immune kind as you are seeing a rheumatologist and starting hydroxy (one of the milder DMARDs) - I hope it suits you and helps to ease the symptoms. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello and welcome Celia. Of course we will try to help. Even if we have no answers or suggestions we can empathise with the pain and frustration. Ask away if you do have questions, preferably on the Living With Arthritis forum where more people will see your thread. Good luck!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright