Hi to evryone

dotsumner
dotsumner Member Posts: 2
edited 19. Dec 2017, 12:18 in Say Hello Archive
I've had OA for the last 20 years, I've had both hips done and have lots of back ache, pains in my knees and hands, but as I've had it for so long I can manage it. I try not to take pain killers if possible so that I can get used to it as it gets worse and also if I sit down I don't have so much pain,only in my hands and ankles now and again, so life is good and I'm looking forward to Christmas. After Christmas life will be all go as I am moving down to North Devon with my daughter and family to look after the children. christmas03 christmas05

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums dotsumner from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

Good luck with your appointment with the Consultant tomorrow, let us know how you go on.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Enjoy Christmas and I hope the move to Devon goes well for you.

Best wishes

John
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Dot. You seem to be managimg a quite difficult life very well. That's quite a daunting thing you'll be taking on with the grandchildren. (I know, as I have two.) Will Devon be a permanent move? Ie new GP, consultant etc? Wow!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have needed to find us. I began with psoriatic arthritis in 1997 when I was 37, which in turn led to osteo (diagnosed in 2011): some joints have one, some the other and others both so life ain't a bowl of cherries (mind you, whose is?) I haven't had any joint replacements as yet, the damage is sufficient to merit them but, like you, I prefer living with the devils I know.

I am childless through choice so don't have to adjust things to meet the demands of family life. One of the best things I have done in my arthritic life, however, was to move from a three-storeyed mid-terrace house to a chalet bungalow with all the facilities I need on the ground floor. I was able to carry on with my rheumatologist and GPs practice and I hope you find new medicos who are as good (if not better) than your current. Please keep in touch and let us know how things go. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben