Seasons greetings

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 22. Dec 2017, 06:01 in Community Chit-chat archive
We are going to our eldest sons for christmas there will be 8 of us 9 if you count the dog,christmas morning we do hubby birthday first (else he would sulk)then its showers and breakfast,we do some presents then its coffee and everyone in the kitchen peeling and chopping,then rest of presents while dinner is cooking.

I would like to wish one and all a very merry christmas and a happy new year.Lots of love to you all.Mig X christmas01

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Mig its our daughters birthday on Christmas day she'll be 22, were having a low key affair as I'm still recovering from the surgery I underwent in August last year, we also have two dogs so cant go out for long anyway, have a great Christmas and new year and don't drink too much. christmas01
  • lindamay
    lindamay Member Posts: 118
    Hi Mig
    Happy Christmas to you and all your family. We will be with our daughter son in law and 2 grand children, I say children the eldest is 18 and the youngest 10. Our son in law takes over the kitchen and cooks all Christmas dinner and a lovely feast it is too. My daughter is a care worker and will be going to work in the evening Christmas Day and Boxing Day. She loves her job but is poorly paid and definitely under appreciated for all she does. She goes above and beyond to help people. If she goes over her limited time with one person the company are on her back. I wish all care workers a big thumbs up.
    Merry Christmas!!! christmas05
    Linda
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Merry Christmas to all. SIL is doing xmas and we're having beef(?), we've got the tribe coming round on Boxing day and turkey will be on the table.

tcold
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Merry Christmas to one and all!
    Today I'm taking my grandchildren to see Father Christmas and listen to him reading a Christmas story, all prebooked so no queuing!
    Then Christmas Eve is time to cook the ham (my 6yr old Grandson loves this and even checked I was doing this) and wrap presents while listening to the Kings College Carol Service.
    Then Christmas Day I go over to my daughter's to spend the day with her, my son-in-law and grandchildren. I pay for the food, they cook and wash up and I get the fun part of keeping Luke, Tom and Lily entertained and occupied.

Hope everyone has a good Christmas christmas04
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hope you have a lovely time Mig..sure you will..its my OHs Birthday on Christmas eve..70... :o
    christmas05
    A happy Christmas to everyone..xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I am having a Christmas with a difference: no family involved whatsoever (due to a distinct lack of viable rellies) so we are spending Christmas Day with two of our best friends: pub at mid-day then a BBQ in the afternoon. I am excited, the change will be very pleasant indeed.

Christmas Eve would have been my late FIL's 100th birthday so we may raise a cuppa in his memory.

I wish everyone a peaceful Christmas and an optimistic New Year. DD

a110.gif
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben