1st Post Op Appointment for Knee Replacement

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 19. Jan 2018, 05:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All, Went and saw my Consultant on Monday, new knee is doing great, seem to have strained the ligament behind the knee from over doing my exercises everyday!! So need to ease off for at least the week to let it recover!! Was interesting looking at the X-Ray of the new knee, it's so weird knowing it's inside me doing the work of a knee!! X-Ray of Right Knee is bad news, it's also like the left knee was but no hole. It will need replacing maybe end of this year or early next year. My Consultant will decide after next check up on left knee in 4 months time as he will do an M.R.I scan & another X-Ray on the right knee to see if any changes have occurred. It was a shock to see the right knee on the X-Ray but I was expecting it, he now believes it is a congenital type of Arthritis causing blood to not circulate correctly in my joints. We did laugh at the end of the appointment as I said to him 'come on just say it I'm weird!!'

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Excellent news! I'm very pleased for you.

I recall the amazement I felt when I first saw my knee revision on x-ray. It was huge, shiny and all clean lines. Thank God for bioengineering, eh?

What did he say about the rash?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    The rash was an allergy rash from wearing my new P.J's I got for Christmas without washing them 1st!! That will teach me!! Been taking anti-histamine tablets and it's cleared up. :)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh good! Well, bad really, I suppose :roll: but much better than a TKR infection. And probably better than an allergy to your new earrings. So, good on the whole :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright