Baricitnib

Options
Kub
Kub Member Posts: 10
edited 23. Jan 2018, 19:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Anyone used the above drug..care to share your experiences. .negatives and positive side effects...very much appreciated

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm guessing this is one of the biosimilars. Not very many are taking them yet. I hope you can find someone who does with positive results.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I think yours is the first mention on here - good luck and I hope it helps. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi Kub,
    I've been taking this very new biological medication ( the first biological to be given in tablet form, I believe) for 8 weeks now. I've had a slight upset stomach and some quite nasty headaches, which have calmed now. Not sure whether the headaches were connected, but pretty sure the upset stomach was. I haven't felt any benefits as yet, but had a blood test on Friday, so will see if that shows improvement. I was given this drug when Tocilizumab failed to help me. I was offered Rituximab but declined that as I don't like some of the possible side effects. I am also taking Methotrexate, Sulfasalazine, Hydroxychloroquine and Prednisolone, along with various other meds such as Folic Acid, Ferrous Sulphate, Alendronic Acid, Zapain, Tramadol and Amitryptyline. In the past I've tried Humira, Enbrel, Leflunomide and probably a couple of others I've forgotten about :roll:
    I'll let you know how my bloods are and if I start to feel any benefits, but of course we're all different.
    My Rheumatologist said they've had some very good results with this one, and with very few side effects, I think it's worth a punt!
    Wishing you well,
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello Numpty! It's lovely to see your name on here and I hope this new med helps as much as anything does in our circumstances. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi DD, thanks. Ever the optimist, I have high hopes for this med.
    Hope you're keeping as well as the usual carp allows.
    Numpty