Multibuy offer on pocket duties!

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 24. Jan 2018, 11:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Have I got a deal for you. Starting on 24th January and running through to the end of the month I can offer you not one, not two, not even three but FOUR chances for pocket duties! Pop along for for as few or as many as you like and there's even some hospital transport thrown in as an added extra.

Seriously this is my diary,
24th Pain Management Clinic at Barts (I have booked hospital transport)
29th Endochronolgy clinic
30th Breast screening
31st Physiotherapy

Who's in for what?
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hey, we're never far away!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    29th, 30th and 31st. Shall I just bring a sleeping bag? With all the current patients in corridors they'll never notice an extra several.

With you whatever, Slosh.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Slosh
    On behalf of all Mods, I am sure we will be able to come along and give you some support. You've certainly have a run of appointments.
    ChrisK
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I've had times like that, one memorable week involved an appointment on every day: I shoulda done a Miss Shephard in the car park. :wink:

Count me in for one and all, I'll bring a flask of EBT for the mornings and TAT for the afternoons, plus some plain chocolate digestives. DD

PS EBT = English Breakfast Tea
    TAT = Twinings Afternoon Tea, the bees' knees of a cuppa.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    I like your choice of treats DD, have to agree with you on both the choice of teas and biscuits! I have a feeling I won't be doing much on February 1st.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Looks similar to my diary for next week, Rheumatology, Orthopaedics, Physiotherapy and pain clinic. I did have a dentist appointment too but that's been cancelled, think he took pity on me :wink:
    I'll hop in your pocket with a box of wine and a good book.
    Good luck Slosh, especially with the hospital transport!
    Numpty
  • Slosh
    I must admit I am a bit anxious about the hospital transport bit as I've not used it before. However as I can't use public transport, don't feel confident about driving there (even if there was parking), and taxi fares would have been huge there wasn't really any alternative.
    I will be going with kindle, drink, snacks and meds.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hi Slosh hope all goes well for today,havent been on the forum for a while so I missed it but I'm ready for the next three. X
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I used hospital transport in the years between my ceasing to drive and Mr SW retiring from work.

Just be relaxed about it. They can arrive at any time - early or late. You may well be 'late' for your appointment but the department will be aware that this is so because they know how you're coming.

As for going home - bring something to read. You might have another long wait. The system works but it's not the equivalent of a private taxi service. You might get lucky, though, if you live relatively near the hospital. I lived on the outskirts of the city.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Back home. Hospital transport was great, lovely friendly driver who really looked after me, she even got me a wheelchair when we got to Barts and wheeled me over to the department I needed and gave me clear instructions about what to do after my appt...the system all worked well and I had the same driver taking me home.

Appointment was punctual, I had a good chat with the consultant, the Gabapentin has helped as is the physiotherapy. The other two things that have helped are giving up work and that as I am now retired the stress of worrying about whether this will be agreed has also gone. We agreed that as things are working not to try the injections for the moment and so I have been discharged from the pain clinic.

Part of me can't help but wish my orths consultant had made the referral when he said he would as if that had happened, and I had been seen 9 months earlier and had the injections then I might have been able to continue in work a bit longer. Trying to push that "if only" thought away as that thinking is not helpful!

Oh well one out of the way...roll on Monday and Endochronolgy.
    Julian of Norwich