Alcohol Free Beer :)

Landgull36uk
Landgull36uk Member Posts: 68
edited 1. Feb 2018, 08:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all.

Probrably shouldn't be talking about beer on a health forum but i was thinking about people who would like a beer but cant drink alchohol. Especialy now spring and summer are close by, a beer and a BBQ ;) So heres a few:

Budweiser Prohibition Beer which i thought looks fun to drink :)

1376H_0.png?itok=ttnHvzrV

Heineken Alcohol Free.

159a268f8ed1078eabcecba9d368618b.340.340.0.min.wmark.e4962973.jpg

Becks Alcohol Free Beer

becks_alcoholic_free_beer_275ml.jpg

There are also alot of others available, i thought i'll mention this then if anyone wants a cool refreshing beer with out alcohol then theres no reason why you cant have a beer :)
Just keep swimming ;)

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Other brands are available :lol: I prefer Erdinger. Not as good as beer but tons better than alcohol-free wine or cider.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Brew Dog do some good stuff on the 'real ale' front and, to my taste, Bitburger is a better 'lager' than Becks Blue. The interesting thing I and others have found about these substitutes is that two is more than enough.

One should be 'dry' for the initial three months to establish how well the liver and kidneys handle the meds but after that it may not be a problem if you stick to the limits or under. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Ah yes, Brewdog. We gave our son one last night as he was driving home and the drink / drive laws here in Scotland are quite tight ie not a full pint.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Landgull36uk
    edited 29. Jan 2018, 15:37
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Brew Dog do some good stuff on the 'real ale' front and, to my taste, Bitburger is a better 'lager' than Becks Blue. The interesting thing I and others have found about these substitutes is that two is more than enough.

One should be 'dry' for the initial three months to establish how well the liver and kidneys handle the meds but after that it may not be a problem if you stick to the limits or under. DD

:shock: :shock: :shock: 3 months with out a beer! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I suddenly dont feel well t2507
    Just keep swimming ;)
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I was a G and T girl and really miss it, especially as it is so popular now. My wonderful daughter found me the perfect substitute for my Christmas present, a non-alcoholic distilled "spirit", it is delicious! Plus no calories.
    There are two versions, I have Spice, not cheap but so, so worth it.
    It's called Seedlip.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Landgull36uk
    Slosh wrote:
    I was a G and T girl and really miss it, especially as it is so popular now. My wonderful daughter found me the perfect substitute for my Christmas present, a non-alcoholic distilled "spirit", it is delicious! Plus no calories.
    There are two versions, I have Spice, not cheap but so, so worth it.
    It's called Seedlip.

Non alcoholic spirit hmmm... I thought the alcohol was the main ingredient that gave a spirit that distinctive alcoholic flavour. Thats a new one on me :mrgreen:
    Just keep swimming ;)
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    It's flavoured and distilled with herbs and spices in the same way as gin is flavoured and then the alcohol is burnt/evaporated off
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Landgull36uk
    edited 29. Jan 2018, 15:57
    Ah yes, Brewdog. We gave our son one last night as he was driving home and the drink / drive laws here in Scotland are quite tight ie not a full pint.

Thought it would be a good idea with spring and summer coming, its not nice supping on tea while everyone is enjoying there cold beers and wines having a great time. In the mean time your feeling like rubbish trying to get used to your meds supping tea :| Atleast with these non alcoholic or low alcohol drinks you can feel a bit more involved with what evers going on around you with a cold one :)
    Just keep swimming ;)
  • Landgull36uk
    Slosh wrote:
    It's flavoured and distilled with herbs and spices in the same way as gin is flavoured and then the alcohol is burnt/evaporated off

Sounds nice, thanks :)
    Just keep swimming ;)
  • littlemimmy
    littlemimmy Member Posts: 111
    I like Kopparberg's non-alcoholic cider, and I also sometimes have Eisberg alcohol-free wine.

However, I'd avoid the latter if you still remember what wine really tastes like! It's real wine with the alcohol removed, but it must have been pretty cheap and nasty wine in the first place!