Modelling!

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 5. Feb 2018, 07:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
I'm going to be a model!
A friend of mine who runs the most amazing vintage fashion shop has been approached by someone setting up an online magazine for the over 40's (men and women), called Goldie. She has been asked to find some models for a fashion feature to be photographed there who obviously have to be over 40 and has asked me. I have said yes as long as I am photographed with my crutches to show you can be disabled and interested in clothes.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Slosh that is brilliant..and good for you saying you would be using the crutches..please let us know when the magazine is out..fame at last eh.. :D:D x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Woo-woooo! Check YOU out Slosh!!

fame at last :D

Love

Toni xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Slosh wrote:
    I have said yes as long as I am photographed with my crutches to show you can be disabled and interested in clothes.

Slosh, I feel ridiculously (because it's all to do with you and nothing to do with me) proud of you. I hope Fred and Ginger will dazzle them.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    My (almost 40 year old) daughter would be very interested in looking at this website. She is passionate about vintage clothes.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Wow Kathleen, isn't she stylish? I love the sun glasses!

Good for you, Slosh, I hope you're practising striking various poses! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Of course (not), I will wait and see.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Kitty
    Thought you'd like to see another DD.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• dreamdaisy
    Thank you, yes indeed and she looks terrific! Does she attend vintage events such as dances and the like? I know there are groups who get together at car rallies etc. DD
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Thank you, yes indeed and she looks terrific! Does she attend vintage events such as dances and the like? I know there are groups who get together at car rallies etc. DD
    One of the events where I work brings out the vintage crowd(and if they do it properly they get cheap entrance rates). One modern trend that doesn't fit so well with it is tattoos. Short sleeve blouses, pretty tea dresses, sheer stockings, aren't really enhanced by random inking.....At least, not if you are aiming for some semblance of authenticity.
  • Kitty
    She goes to vintage fairs, but buys real bargains. She once bought a dress for 75p. :D Her ultra modern friend Alex alters some of her goodies for her. Her whole house is vintage, not just her clothes. The sewing machine gets around, doesn't it. :lol:

• dreamdaisy
    Oh that's a beauty! I like the cabinet too. DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    daffy2 wrote:
    One modern trend that doesn't fit so well with it is tattoos. Short sleeve blouses, pretty tea dresses, sheer stockings, aren't really enhanced by random inking.....At least, not if you are aiming for some semblance of authenticity.

:lol:
    As I recall, back then you had to go to a zoo to see a 'Tattooed Lady'.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Kitty

• Slosh
    I must have forgotten to press send on my reply. The shop isn't vintage in terms of stocking items for those who dress in the style of a particular decade like your daughter. It's a mix of clothes and accessories frommthe 1930's onwards and is really about mixing it up to create unique looks. Your daughter may be interested in checking out "hotties vintage".

I must say that while I like some of the styles of the 30's and 40's I wouldn't want to be living then! I think the 21st century has a lot of pluses.
    Anyway the photo session is next Sunday from 7.00 am! Get me, tv debut last year, modelling this!
    Julian of Norwich
  • Kitty
    My browser put up a message that the site was unsafe, and wouldn't let me visit. But I've told Emily about it anyway Slosh. She may have already have heard of it. :D