Xray Results

Landgull36uk
Landgull36uk Member Posts: 68
edited 17. Feb 2018, 13:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all.

Does anyone have any idea when xray results get sent to the rheumatology people, its been over 2 weeks now knearly 3 and ive heard nothing yet. I rang them up last friday enquiring to see if they have had my results but they said that they hadn't recieved them from radiology yet. I did have a blood test done aswell probrably to see what sort imflamation i have in my back but i should imagine they would have had them by now. Just wondering if anyone might have an idea on how long i'll have to wait.

Thanks.
Just keep swimming ;)

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm sorry to say that I've absolutely no idea, I guess it varies from area to area, the number of patients being dealt with and the other general pressures on the NHS at this time of year. In my experience it's varied between immediate (I've been sent from rheumatology to Xray, by the time I'm back in rheumatology the results are in) up to twelve weeks for others. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I agree with all that DD has said. It varies hugely. And, of course, it's been a bad winter so hospitals are full of people needing x-rays, scans, blood tests and in-patients take priority usually.

Have you actually asked to be copied in to the results or will they just be sent to your rheumatologist? Perhaps to your GP? Worth asking the latter if (s)he's got anything.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Landgull36uk
    Yes sorry for the late reply, you were both wright. I phoned up yesterday and asked around to see if they had any idea of when i would recieve my results for my x-rays and blood test. They said it would probrably take from anywhere upto 6 weeks for the results because of a backlog of x-rays. 3 weeks have more or less gone by so i might be looking at another few weeks of waiting yet but thats ok ive waited this long so a few more weeks wont matter. Although it is a little frustrating because i want to come off these 30/500 co-codamols because they are upsetting my stomach and are making me feel unwell but they are the only painkiller i have that will take the pain away. I could ask the rheumatologist for some anti-inflam tabs but im not sure they will prescribe me any until they know for definite what is wrong with my back other than this Scoliosis problem. Anyway we'll see :|
    Just keep swimming ;)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    If you tell your GP about the stomach problems he might be able to prescribe a stomach-protecting tablet. Or, indeed, a different painkiller. There are lots of different ones. Always take them with food - even a very small amount helps - and don't aim at taking the pain away completely as that isn't realistic. Find your tolerance level and go for that. I hope the results come soon.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Landgull36uk
    If you tell your GP about the stomach problems he might be able to prescribe a stomach-protecting tablet. Or, indeed, a different painkiller. There are lots of different ones. Always take them with food - even a very small amount helps - and don't aim at taking the pain away completely as that isn't realistic. Find your tolerance level and go for that. I hope the results come soon.

I only take them when i require them but i have been taking them a little more than usual lately. So im trying to only take them when i need them, if the pain gets to uncomfortable i will probrably take a few. I usualy have a glass of milk before taking them the milk puts a lining on the stomach, i also take omeprazole aswell. I'll wait to here off the hospital now before i ask for any other painkillers, shouldn't be to long. Thanks for the tips.
    Just keep swimming ;)