Trapeziectomy

dafernee
dafernee Member Posts: 4
edited 27. Mar 2018, 04:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi there

Im new! Have been offered a Trapeziectomy for my right thumb and am unsure if I want to go ahead. When it hurts badly I do and when its not so bad I dont!

Can you help. Had anyone got a good word of encouragement for me?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi and welcome - I've had a dig around and found this
    http://www.uhs.nhs.uk/Media/Controlleddocuments/Patientinformation/Medicinestherapiesandanaesthetics/Trapeziectomypatientinformation.pdf
    hope it helps abit but anyway I'm confident the members on here will answer any questions.
    Al
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hi dafernee and welcome from me too.

I can't really help as I've not had a trapeziectomy but, if you put the word nto the search engine above (pale blue line) former threads will come up. Also, if you re-post on the Living With Arthritis forum more people will see your thread.

Good luck!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dafernee
    dafernee Member Posts: 4
    Hi dafernee and welcome from me too.

I can't really help as I've not had a trapeziectomy but, if you put the word nto the search engine above (pale blue line) former threads will come up. Also, if you re-post on the Living With Arthritis forum more people will see your thread.

Good luck!

Thanks for this but cant find the search engine??
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi dafernee

Here is one of our previous threads re trapeziectomy

https://arthritiscareforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41608

If you have a specific questions do ask, I'm moving your thread to the Living with arthritis forum

Take care
    Yvonne x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi dafernee
    I have been putting this off for a couple of years now..for one I needed my crutches because of my THRs..like you say when the pain comes on it makes your mind up..but them it subsides thank goodness..hope you can find the info..there is loads on the net but much better to take to someone that has had it done..good luck
    Love
    Barbara
  • veritee
    veritee Member Posts: 4
    Just really worried right now as while it was very painful, I could before manage with it like that. Now I am so wondering if I have done the right thing in having this done was it the right thing?