A newbie

Michaela
Michaela Member Posts: 2
edited 2. Mar 2018, 12:10 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all
New to his site and look forward to sharing and receiving support from fellow suffers. I have psoriatic arthritis and gradually using the use of my hands. :cry:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Michaela and welcome to the forums.

Do dive right in with your questions and advice on the other forums here. We have a great community and lots of resources.

Speaking of which, here are a couple of links regarding psoriatic arthritis on our sites if you haven't already seen them:

Psoriatic arthritis factsheet - https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/do-i-have-arthritis/publications/297-psoriatic-arthritis

Psoriatic arthritis links - https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/psoriatic-arthritis.aspx

I look forward to reading your posts on the forums.
    Best wishes
    Brynmor
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hi Michaela and welcome from me too.

Mine is RA but, I guess, closely related to PsA. Actually, new docs tend to get excited when I mention my Mum had psoriasis but, in the complete absence of it in me, they have to give up :wink:

Mine started in my hands many years ago. It's virtually burnt itself out there now but all my finger joints are either ultra-wiggly or self-fused.

If you've any questions just fire away, preferably on the Living With Arthritis forum as more people look in there :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have PsA, OA and fibromyalgia but so far so good with my hands: yes they hurt from time to time but I think the disease is sufficiently controlled so they are not being affected as yet; I don't have much psoriasis either. What meds are you taking? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben