Pocket duties please

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 10. Mar 2018, 13:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
Firstly, many apologies for the short notice. The cold weather has addled my brain, not helped by the fact I've had severe tendonitis yet again in my left shoulder, so I've been in flaming agony most of the week! (Even took yesterday off sick with it - says a lot for me that!).

Tomorrow (1st March) I have a further follow-up appointment regarding my TKR from last January. My consultant has regularly reviewed me because - in his words - "the results of this TRK are disappointing".

A couple of people have asked if I'm offered further surgery on this knee will I agree? I don't honestly think it will be offered but, if it is, my consultant will have to work hard to convince me to agree to it. Getting over the TKR last year was hard work on my own and I certainly don't want to repeat it just yet!

Apologies again for the short-notice.

Oh - I should point out I'll be wearing my nice thick winter coat so the pockets will be lovely and warm!

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Count me in for today - I have only just seen your post hence the delayed reply. It is snowing here but that won't stop positive thoughts, will it? Good luck and please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    the mods will be with you Grace, bringing hot chocolate to keep everyone warm.
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Grace, I am with you in spirit. Up here nothing is moving on the roads so I can't get out but I am thinking of you and hoping all goes as well as possible.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • casandra
    casandra Member Posts: 26
    know I must sound thick but what are pocket duties?
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hope it all went well Grace, but I am sorry it is not doing that well..please let us know how you got on..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello casandra, 'pocket duties' are as follows: for those who live on their own or, for various reasons, have to attend appointments on their own can ask for 'virtual' support from the forum: a previous member came up with the concept of putting us in her pocket, hence the name.

Hello Grace, how was it? And how's the weather? DD
  • GraceB
    Thank you all for your support. Sorry this update is late - life has been rather manic. (The new man in my life managed to give himself concussion Monday night! And the days before that were busy).

My consultant agrees with me there is no point doing anything more surgically at the moment re my left knee. He re-measured my knee bend at the point where I could bend it without force and being in agony. I have a knee bend of between 70-80 degrees so it's not ideal. I've been discharged for now with instructions that if the bend reduces any further or I have any concerns/worries, I'm to ask my GP to send me straight back and the consultant will see me in his first available clinic.

I wasn't keen on any more surgery so I'm okay with this outcome. It's what I thought it would be, to be honest.

Thanks again.

GraceB
  • dreamdaisy
    Well it's not the best but it's not the worst either, is it? I'm not surprised that further surgery is not attractive but I hope that, if you keep doing the exercises, things will free up a little more as time goes on. DD
  • GraceB
    Such is life DD! It could be a lot worse and I count my blessings - always others worse off than myself in my view.

It was difficult enough last year getting over the TKR on my own, and I certainly don't want to repeat the experience any time soon.

In the meantime I intend to try and keep the joints moving as much as I can. Bit challenging today as my left ankle has decided today is the day for demanding attention. :roll: That's being kept moving as much as I can manage.

GraceB
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello, how's the ankle behaving today? DD
  • GraceB
    Hi, Ankle still playing up a bit but I've just tried to get on with the day. Not helped by the fact it looks like I'm coming down with the "office lurgy"! :roll:

My throat feels like a rasp has been down it and I feel very washed out/weak & feeble. Just started sneezing my head off. Popped out to T***o earlier and got tissues, extra paracetamol, Luc**ade and cough sweets. Plus a couple of tins of tomato soup. Don't think I'll be doing anything tomorrow somehow, but such is life. I usually manage to stay away from bugs, but this one has snuck up on me - blasted thing! And there's a lot of it about in the office at the moment. Never mind, there are a lot of people worse off than me.

GraceB