Anyone found a bra that's easy to put on and comfortable?

MercedesOC
MercedesOC Member Posts: 3
edited 21. Mar 2018, 16:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
With early osteoarthritis and sore shoulders, I'm trying to find a bra that's easy to put on, fasten up and comfortable. The front fastening bras all seem to be sports bras and these are so tight, and I find it uncomfortable pulling bras over my head. Any recommendations?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Mercedice welcome to the forum you Don,t say what you have in the form of arthritis, if you could it would be helpful for our forum members to assist with a reply about your bra problem.
    All the best Christine
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    The original post seems to have disappeared - I read it this morning but there's only Mod Christine's post there now?
    But I agree a bit more information would be helpful about range of movement etc.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I gave up on bras years ago and never regretted it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Daffy

I located the original post :)

MercedesOC google magnetic front fastening bras I know there is a style available for people who struggle to do them up and it is not a sports bra.

In case you hadn't already tried this; l do mine up at the front and swivel it round afterwards?

Best of luck with this

Ellen.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I've always done mine up at the front then turned the hooks and eyes round to my back, load and then elbows first through the straps and hoist into place. For the over-the-head soft bras I pull them up over my hips. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Blimey DD are you a contortionist? My eyes bulged at your description re getting on the over-the-head bras!!

When my shoulder is bad I do the hooks up at the front and swivel round action. Bit of a faff mind you, but if my shoulder isn't wanting to move, there's no choice as I haven't got a live-in lady's-maid.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Sloggi and Damart do front fastening(non-sport) bras and also pull on styles and crop tops. Camisoles with support panels are easy to pull on - a few years ago I got a couple from Primark for my mother when her illness made even the Sloggi pull on bras too much of a struggle.
    Might also be worth looking in places like M&Co, Peacocks, New Look for things like bandeau bras, bralettes, cami bras etc which are either pull-on, or soft and stretchy so easy to put on back to front and pull round. I found a couple of inexpensive pull-on support tops in Peacocks to use when gardening to avoid the problem of straps slipping down and pulling me up short(spinal problems have caused asymmetric shoulders, so my right hand strap frequently goes AWOL - difficult to retrieve with dirty hands....)