Nice to meet you...

dogandtwocats
dogandtwocats Member Posts: 2
edited 24. Mar 2018, 15:39 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all. :) I'm really pleased to have found this forum and I'm looking forward to finding my way around and chatting with you all. Hopefully learning some useful coping strategies along the way!

I have osteoarthritis in various places - toes, top of both feet, knees, sacroiliac joints, top of spine, elbows, wrists, a couple of fingers and the newcomer is the shoulder.

I take 30/500 cocodamol for the pain, but can't take anti-inflammatories because it's contraindicated due to other medicine I take for other conditions.

Thankfully I'm able to work full time and I try to keep as upbeat as I can :) Not always easy though!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi dogandtwocats
    Welcome to the forum,glad you have found us everyone is friendly and encouraging and understanding and also dealing with pain and various forms of Arthritis
    Enjoy the forum and all the best Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but it's a shame you have had to find us. I am fifty nine and in my twenty-first year of this nonsense, I started with psoriatic arthritis and the joint damage that cause led to osteo, life isn't as good as it could be but it could definitely be worse. I worked for seventeen years but was mightily relieved to stop and I remain thankful to this day that I am no longer under that cosh: the arthritic ones are enough. :wink:

I hope you find the forum to be of interest and feel free to join in any conversation, matters medical are dealt with on Living With Arthritis, the other boards have self-explanatory titles. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello and welcome from me too.

You're right. Staying upbeat is a challenge but worth the effort. However, it's also good to have a safe place where we can, when necessary, tell it like it is and know others will understand.

Well done on staying in work. it must be difficult at times. But, if you can manage it, it will keep you focused on matters other than pain and that's always good.

Please join in anywhere you like. If you have questions ask away but, in any case, feel free to join in on other threads.

I have RA by the way. With additives :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright