Hello

CeeJay
CeeJay Member Posts: 5
edited 3. Apr 2018, 03:09 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, just joined the forum and thought I would say hi! I have recently been diagnosed with OA in hips and knees and awaiting results from an MRI for lumbar and pelvic areas - the joys :)

I'm already feeling more positive after reading some of the posts, knowing I'm not alone.

I will definitely be a daily visitor.

CeeJay x
CeeJay

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I began with an auto-immune arthritis back in 1997 which led in due course to OA in my ankles, knees, hips and elsewhere, this was diagnosed in 2011: I am now 59. What has your GP recommended for pain etc.?

The forum is pretty quiet at the moment probably, because it's Easter, but despite that I hope you find the forum to be of interest. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You are not alone Cee.Jay. There are all too many of us :wink:

I've had new hips and knees but, like DD, my OA arose after years of autoimmune arthritis, RA in my case.

I hope you'll find us helpful and informative. Please join in anywheremyou wish.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • CeeJay
    Thank you both and a Happy Easter. I'm presently on cocodamol as and when require; I use it mainly at night as I have not been sleeping well. All to be reviewed once results come in from the MRI.

I'm finding exercise really does help and would recommend, if able, to do some each day.

I'm currently off work seeking ill-health retirement. I travel a lot and unable to drive long distances. Work are unable to find me work closer to home. However like all things not easy to get and is very slow.
    CeeJay
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I remember the days of taking pain relief as-and-when it was needed and I hope it stays that way for you for some time to come. I started work with a personal trainer last September and have now joined a gym, the benefits are not tangible but I know they are there in terms of improving my physical stamina - I now cope better with the constant pain which is a good thing. As for quality sleep that went out of the window years ago, if the neighbours drop a pin it wakes me. :roll: And no, you are far from alone, there are around ten million arthritics in the UK, the majority of whom have OA.

When do you think your results will be through? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • CeeJay
    Hi, at least 4 - 6 weeks before I get results. Nature of the beast at the moment.

I have had pain in my back on and off since I was 17. I put it down to several mishaps, slipping over on ice outside a classroom and slipping on a loose mat getting into my car and falling off my then horse in later years. From all I got up and though struggled for a week never thought anything more of them. Really just general mishaps that could happen to anyone. But since my late 30's more and more had back pain from sitting, walking or standing for long periods. Again it was intermittent and never thought much of it. However, just recently the pain is now very uncomfortable. Walking for any length now use hubby and a walking stick and standing have regular sits. Just find ways to manage.

I do remain positive and have a supportive, patient husband. Exercise does help with the pain. It never goes away but it does
    ease it.

This forum has given me more ways of help and just to talk to people who are having similar issues does really make a difference.
    :D
    CeeJay