Hello x

Suzysu
Suzysu Member Posts: 12
edited 6. Apr 2018, 13:14 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone,

My name is Sue and I am 61. I have osteoarthritis in my hip and knee pain..looking forward to meeting you all x

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi and welcome to the forum there are many here that are happy to share their experience - in the meantime if any assistance is required to use this site just ask.
    Al
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I too have OA - it's not fun is it? Mine affects both ankles, both knees and both hips and is slowly moving elsewhere (as it does). It was diagnosed in April 2011 and is there as a result of the joint damage caused by my auto-immune arthritis which began in May 1997: I've earned my arthritic stripes. :wink: I am now 59.

What do you take to help things? Do you find using a stick of any benefit? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Suzysu
    Thank you t69044 x
  • Suzysu
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I too have OA - it's not fun is it? Mine affects both ankles, both knees and both hips and is slowly moving elsewhere (as it does). It was diagnosed in April 2011 and is there as a result of the joint damage caused by my auto-immune arthritis which began in May 1997: I've earned my arthritic stripes. :wink: I am now 59.

What do you take to help things? Do you find using a stick of any benefit? DD

Thank you Dreamdaisy for the welcome...I have posted in the living with arthritis thread. So sorry to hear you are suffering so much x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I don't regard myself as suffering, things are as they are and I know that the bad days will pass as well as return. I suppose at one point I had mild OA but I hadn't a clue as it was thoroughly masked by the other.

There are around ten million arthritics in the UK with the majority being affected by OA. I think its ubiquity works against it - the fact that there is no cure certainly does although joint replacement (if and when possible) can work miracles. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben