Benepali- opinions please

SandiB
SandiB Member Posts: 22
edited 9. Apr 2018, 01:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I’ve recently had my 2nd 50mg Benepali injection. Since then I’ve had 3 days of felling so fatigued I just want to cry. Has anyone else had this symptom or should I speak to my nurse? I was told I might feel drained the day after the injection but this is on another level. Would live to hear how others are finding this treatment. I have Psoriatic Arthritis.
Thanks all

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi SandiB

Sorry to hear you are having extreme side-effects from taking Benepali. It is a "bio-similar" drug to Etanercept and there's some very good information to be found on Arthritis Research web site here:

https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/drugs/etanercept/when-and-how-to-take-it.aspx

The page following this one discusses side effects for Etanercept: the essential advice is to inform your doctor / rheumatology team straight away. So yes, in taking a newer drug, do speak to your nurse tomorrow.

Please do come back here let us know how you get on.
    All best wishes
    Brynmor
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I've not taken benepoli or any other biologics or biosimilars. Fatigue is certainly a symptom of uncontrolled autoimmune arthritis and it might simply be that yours is not yet being properly controlled but it would be wise to let the medics make that call. Please let us know how you get on.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • SandiB
    SandiB Member Posts: 22
    So finally after 4 injections have had to stop taking Benepali. Have had severe headache for 10 days along with tinnitus and blurry vision. Medics think it’s ll a side effect of the medication. Really annoying as I’d just started to respond and my joints were feeling much better.
    Ah well on to the next thing once my symptoms settle.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Thanks SandiB for coming back to let us know.

Sadly think you’re right and the side effects have had a larger effect than anyone would like.

Best wishes
    Brynmor
  • Weepth2k10
    Weepth2k10 Member Posts: 27
    Hi SandiB.
    I started benepali in beginning of December. I was seeing the benefits of it by week 4 into 5. Felt really good and the fatigue was going. But like you i had the sore head, under my eyes around my nose was aching too. The pain did soon disappear. Unfortunatly i got the flu and had to stop taking it and other meds for nearly 3 weeks. Not having same impact as they did.
    Hope you get it sorted.