Had my hair done

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 1. May 2018, 04:59 in Community Chit-chat archive
I'm at that stage when everytime I get my hair cut there seems to be more grey. So I decided it was time to do something about it and get some colour added. My daughter was happy to help and this is the result. I know some may think that at 57 I'm too old (and it will look better when I have a bit of make-up on), but I love it!
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Go for it! I like that very much, it's a good colour. I have a secret longing for blue hair, have had for years, but as my scalp is iffy I won't do it. I feel rather envious. :mrgreen: Enjoy the new look! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Thank you. My daughter has blue hair which is stunning. I love my new hair.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You look great, Slosh. Well done!

(Memo to self. Make hair appt.)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Thank you. My inner rebel is coming out and I'm enjoying doing things like this I couldn't have done while working (against school dress code), my daughter is now trying to persuade me to have a tattoo!
    Julian of Norwich
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    So glamorous Slosh' I'm 1 year older, but you look much younger than me t69044 t69044 xxx

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Slosh
    Thank you so much. My 6 year old grandson said it made me look 35, he's obviously a very intelligent and perceptive boy!
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh he'll go far! Especially with the ladies :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Those plummy/aubergine shades seem to be very versatile, looking good on all ages and suiting a wide range of skin tones. Well done for taking the plunge Slosh.
    Perhaps try temporary tats or henna?
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Oh he'll go far! Especially with the ladies :lol:

My thoughts as well!
  • Slosh
    He will won't he, a real charmer!

Thanks for the suggestion daffy2 but my daughter has a line from a specific song in mind so wouldn't be able to get that as a temporary tattoo and henna doesn't take on my skin.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Slosh I love it..no you are never to old, and that really suits you.. :D bless your GS, children do tell the truth so there you go..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Thank you.
    Julian of Norwich
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    I think you look very glamorous Slosh.

If you do go ahead with the tattoo, the artist will give you follow-up care instructions to follow. When I had my tattoos done back in 2016 I researched very carefully who to use, went in and spoke at length with the artist I eventually used (I spent 20 minutes talking to him about the process and what to expect etc.,) and was delighted with the finished tattoos. Here in Kent tattoo studios are inspected by the local Councils and giving ratings re hygiene etc., but I'm not sure if all of the UK do that or not.

I'm contemplating having a new tattoo saying: "Life is a game for everyone and love is the prize" or alternatively "Don't be sad for what you've lost, smile for what you've had". If I decide to have either (or both!) of these I'll use the same artist who did my previous ones.

I hope when you had your hair done that you felt really pampered by the end of it.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Slosh
    My daughterhas a couple of tattoos and is very careful about where she goes.
    I have discovered a great hairdresser who has a very luxurious massage chair that you sit in at the sink. Not only do you get a gentle neck and shoulder massage while she washes your hair but because of the quality of the chair and it's angle for the first time in years getting my hair cut does not equate to a day of extra bad neck pain/stiffness.
    As for the colour that was done by my daughter.
    She also wants us to have tattoos that reference a song that we think of as "our song",
    "So why don't we go" "somewhere only we know"

It's that which means that when I'm ready I will do it.
    Julian of Norwich