Palindomic Rheumatism

Options
Mrsjellybum
Mrsjellybum Member Posts: 2
edited 27. Apr 2018, 14:02 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone. I'm 35 years old and have struggled with joint pains on and off for some time now. been under rheumatology for 6 months and just diagnosed with Palindromic rheumatism. I have quite a strong family history of seronegative Arthritis so i'm quite pleased with this diagnosis. I've been started on hydroxochloroqine at a low dose so fingers crossed.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi mrsjellybum Welcome to the forum. You will find all forums friendly and informative full of lovely understanding and encouraging people who will help. Just like you we all have a form of arthritis. Just choose a forum and get started Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat being the most popular
    All the best Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I love your username but as it's a long one is it OK with you if I abbreviate it to Mrsjb? I have a family history of auto-immune nonsense from both sides so for me this was no great surprise. I was born with eczema, I developed asthma aged seven, hay fever etc. was also a nuisance through my teens and onwards. I began with knee trouble back in 1997 when I was thirty seven, I started sulphasalazine in 2002 and was finally diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in 2006. For that I take injected methotrexate and injected humira but I was taking them before the diagnosis so no big deal on that front. Due to the lack of treatment for too long osteo arthritis arrived which was diagnosed in 2011 - now that did throw me. For that I take pain relief, exercise sensibly and rest as much as I can. I am now in my twenty second year of this malarkey but hydroxyl is one medication I have never taken.

By the time I was sixteen genetics were beginning to be understood and I made the decision not to have children to ensure the dross was stopped. Both parents skipped what they so lovingly passed on, my maternal grandmother and great grandma died from asthma attacks, my father's side gifted the psoriasis. I never stood a chance. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Only on an arthritis forum would someone say they're pleased to have a diagnosis of Palindromic Rheumatism and everyone else would understand. Yes, we get it. A diagnosis - virtually any diagnosis - is better than none. Something that can be treated.

I, too, take hydroxy along with methotrexate for my RA. I hope it works for you. The combination certainly does for me.

Please join in anywhere. Living With Arthritis is the most popular forum.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright