Lovely flare up..not

Hobble
Hobble Member Posts: 83
edited 1. May 2018, 04:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sorry I've not been about for a while as things seem to have got a little worse.
Last month I had another methotrexate increase, now on 20mg. The nurse said I still have active disease and more swelling. I now have a knee that crunches when walking up the stairs and now pain in both hips, it was just the one. PsA the gift that keeps on giving.
My last steroid injection gave some relief but not for long and as usual a reaction of inverse psoriasis.
I'm so tired I can't leave the house for days and whether it's the PsA or the fatigue, my mobility is beginning to suffer. The follow up appointment which I should have had last March is now likely to be July.
Sorry for the frustrated whinge, sleep not so good because of the pain and restless legs!
At least the weather has improved :D and
Best wishes to all

Hobble x

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm sorry things are so rough. I guess the meth increase still has time to work but the waiting and seeing is a frustrating time.

June / July will seem a long time to wait in such circumstances but I'd guess rheumatology will want to wait and see how the increased meth dose pans out.

Meanwhile, you could always ask your GP for some pain relief and maybe for something for the restless legs. I'm sorry if you've already done this and told us about it and I've simply forgotten :roll: Even if you are taking something a change of pain meds might help.

Re the lack of mobility - I was always told to take my joints through the full range of movement exercises every day even when flaring. Not the strength exercises, though. They're for the better times.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It sounds as though your PsA is not under proper control. I began with sulphasalazine then meth was added (this was in 2002) and finally my first biologic back in 2004. It took three goes at that before I was properly controlled which happened in 2010. Now I take just the meth and humira but my scalp has flared with P thanks to the heat and humidity - my immune system still has a go despite the suppression. I've been flaring for a while now due to a lack of meds thanks to other stuff, the scalp is my Brucie Bonus. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Hobble
    Thank you both for your replies

I definitely need to do something as the lack of sleep, pain and restless legs will only end up a vicious cycle. I'm still under the pain clinic and the next review will be September. Think I'll be better off seeing GP as first port of call. Fed up of feeling so rough.

Stickywicket - You're right I need to keep the movement exercises going

DD - Sorry to hear you're flaring. The heat definitely doesn't do much for the scalp

Hobble x
  • dreamdaisy
    The sunshine does though, that's making a positive difference. I remember in my early days how I would obsessively chart things, trying to find the pattern, the rhyme and the reason, now I don't bother because they are not there to find. My body is the enemy, it works to its own timetable and pleasure, not mine.

You will probably be offered more drugs to help you sleep, that's the usual way of things. Pain breakthrough is what disturbs mine every ninety minutes or so, I no longer move naturally in my 'sleep' so things increase their jangling. If I do sleep well for some reason the following morning is deeply unpleasant as moving is off the agenda until what passes for pain relief has kicked in - the arthritic fun never stops. DD
  • Hobble
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    the arthritic fun never stops. DD

Very true DD x
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello, we're a few days on now, how are things? I hope they are improving. DD