The weird things we do

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 8. May 2018, 04:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
I realised, this morning, that I was counting out the grapes I would have for breakfast.

Why? I do it every morning and there's absolutely no need. I can have as many or as few as I wish.

What oddities do you have?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I count sprouts when I buy them - I work on a basis of eight each and at least an extra sixteen for me to munch raw. With any other veg I prefer to buy an odd number so I guess an element of counting is involved there . . . . . DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    I like things to be neat and presise but since I am the untidiest person around that doesn't really fit?

Give in! Can't think of anything that fits the bill, I might just be boring?

You realise tbat one day in the future all these forums will be studied by students as part of their university courses?
  • stickywicket
    Good heavens! Poor students!
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    You realise tbat one day in the future all these forums will be studied by students as part of their university courses?
    Good luck to them - they won't understand most of it.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    We have the vertical blind and it drives me mad if they are not evenly spaced..is it the start of OCD :shock:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    I check my socks every day, to make sure I put them on the right feet.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• stickywicket
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    With any other veg I prefer to buy an odd number

:? I wonder why. I expect your brain has its reasons.

Barbara - If it's OCD I recommend a week of living with Mr SW. You'd be either cured or totally insane :wink:

Kathleen - could you define 'the right feet', please? I only have óne right foot though appearances are quite deceptive :lol:

When working in an office, many years ago, I confused everyone when I announced "I've brewed up but would someone else pour please because I'm not wearing a sweater." It made perfect sense to me. Without a sweater I couldn't balance the teapot on my arm to help me pour safely.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    When eating peanuts I eat the halves first leaving the whole ones until last. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I used to do the same thing DD when I could still eat them.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    :? That's not weird. It's normal with any nuts, isn't it? Or are we all just nuts?
    Steven Wright