Royal wedding v Cup final

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 21. May 2018, 06:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
Which, if either, is your thing?

Personally, I'm sick of hearing about the wedding. I don't like weddings. I didn't even like my own. I just wanted to be married to Mr SW and a wedding was the only way to do it.

I also gave up on football years ago. Too few skills. Too many primadonnas. Far too much money paid to primadonnas with too few of the aforementioned skills.

I shall be listening to cricket while pottering about with household essential tasks.

What about you?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Apparently it is going to be a lovely day tomorrow so I plan to spend it in the garden, making sure my comfy deck chair does not blow away. :D

I like weddings but this one leaves me cold, I don't know either party but I suspect that what they mostly have in common is their unplumbed shallows. As for the footy, it's the same old same old, two big teams playing for money, not the prestige. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    I will have to take a peek at the dress and the jewels I wish them well. Apart from that, it is tennis all the way and maybe a potter in the garden :) m0150 m0150
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    edited 20. May 2018, 08:23
    I watched it, but I didn't enjoy it. It made me cry. :cry: But I hope they have a successful and happy marriage.

t115006 t4591 t115006 m0150 t69044

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Wedding! Lovely to watch. I know Windsor well and love it there. Watched it with my nearly 100 year old mum in law! A wonderful occasion. Loved the dress. Loved it all!

t4591 t4591 t4591 t4591 t4591 t4591 t4591 t4591 t4591
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I loved the wedding..and what a glorious day they had.Elna I have never been to Windsor but was saying how lovely it looked.. :D .then I watched the football..I had a bet on it with my friend..and I lost.. :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Neither is the answer. I spent the whole day away from tv,s, phones etc etc doing something completely different.. I did listen to R4 later but NOT the wedding or football.

Viva la difference!
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    I spent much of the day riding on the heritage railway that runs past my garden. A new stretch has been opened so I was able to see my garden and former allotment from the train, instead of the other way round. Trundling slowly through quiet countryside, able to see, hear and smell was a boost to the spirit, and a later than expected return to town justified purchase of fish and chips to go with a beer from the fridge, consumed in the evening sun at home.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh daffy, may I come and live with you? That sounds wonderful.

I had a total change of plan in the end. As Mum hadn't to know and Dad had three evening concerts to fine tune (No pun intended) Mr SW and I were delegated to take our grandson to garden centres and the local bookshop to buy Mum some birthday presents for today. We then enjoyed ice creams in the garden and went to the first of the concerts in the evening. Very satisfying. Missed both wedding and cup final :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright