Its an odd world

Options
Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 23. May 2018, 08:22 in Community Chit-chat archive
Our head of MI5, our PM and many others are warning of the dangers of a provative Russian state, their state backed hacking of our web sites, their rattling of war sabers, association with state run corruption et al and then our publicly funded media channel starts advertising the FIFA backed football cup to be played in good old Russia, sometimes I get confused which message to hear!

Not that I appreciate an overpaid footballer running around on plastic grass whose every move is just a cheating 'pro' version of a foul.

I think you might take my drift?

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's the old diversion tactics I suspect. Suggest that there's a threat from outside the country to distract from the mess being created on home territory.
    Moi, cynical? No, just completely hacked off at present.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's always been an odd world. My husband had the interesting experiences of travelling to the USSR before glasnost and East Berlin before the wall came down.

The World Cup is about money, not football. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Everything, sadly, is about money. Hence our government, despite their warnings, are perfectly happy to allow Russian oligarchs to launder their money in England by buying expensive apartments which remain unoccupied.

https://tinyurl.com/yafmhxz5
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright