Garden Furniture - sun lounger

susie51
susie51 Member Posts: 57
edited 25. Jun 2018, 05:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi I have been looking for a sun lounger suitable for my needs...ie a good height, not too low, one that does not have a foot rest that impedes me in getting up and down, on and off... I cant be the only one who needs this so I am hoping someone can recommend one for me as I haven’t bee able to find one

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    By their very nature I suspect that all sunloungers will be low to the ground, so is it worth looking at garden benches long enough to stretch out on? It would need padding out to make the head/shoulders comfortable but would be easier to get up and down from.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I would suggest going to a garden centre or somewhere you can try some out.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    We bought an anti-gravity lounger for me from The Range;. it has a reasonably high seat, has two arms which aid my rising and, once it is swung back to nearly horizontal is very comfortable, it eases the strain on my joints. The high back is good and it's comfy upright too. There is a front foot bar but I have learned how to negotiate that. When I first tried it at a rented house I was very impressed at how sturdy it felt (I am not a small woman) and said to The Spouse that I felt it was very expensive. Nope, £39.99! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    That sounds just like the one I recently treated myself too, mine also has a small side table attached with a cup and mobile/kindle holder attached. I got mine online from Robert Dyas for a similar price. Very comfortable and sturdy and well worth the money.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich