hello

Applepips
Applepips Member Posts: 3
edited 21. Jul 2018, 00:46 in Say Hello Archive
Hello!
New member here. I'm in my 60s and live in Lancashire. I don't get out much, so my hobbies are very indoorsy. Two Christmases ago, I started making my own cards. About the same time, I started listening to audiobooks from the local library - mainly murder mysteries. I've just finished one by Stephen Booth - does anyone else in the forum like his novels?
Over 10 years ago, I started learning Spanish, and although I try to practice, I've never reached any degree of fluency, and threaten to pack it in at least once a week.
I'm not very good with computers. I've no idea what "do not automatically parse URLs" means. I hope I haven't already parsed anything.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Applepips welcome to the forum,you Don,t say what form of arthritis you have, it would be good if you could give a brief history of what you have. Don,t worry that you have no compute skills everyone will help you we are a friendly forum.
    Hope all goes well for you Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you and I am sorry you have had to find us. You seem to be keeping yourself busy which is a good way of distracting oneself from the trials and tribulations that arthritis can cause. I have two sorts, I began an auto-immune one in 1997 when I was 37 and that in turn med to osteoarthritis which was diagnosed in 2011. Are you osteo, an auto-immune or both? Whatever the nature of your trouble we will 'get' it because we've got it. I hope to hear from you again soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Applepips
    Applepips Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for the 2 replies.
    I realised after that I didn't mention my arthritis. It's taken me ages to get back into the forum.
    I've had RA for nearly 40 years. I'm a bit fed-up with it now, it's got boring!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello again, I am pleased you have managed to return as the forum is a good way to contact others in similar boats. It was interesting that you didn't mention your arthritis, that is how it should be - ignore the beast :wink: but it does help those who reply to know what to say.

I am a great reader, especially crime novels and would now not be without my Kindle. I recently had to read a real book and it was so clumsy, both hands were occupied, I needed the light on, what a faff! I also like doing jigsaw puzzles and puzzle books. I am now 59, my life has changed greatly thanks to the disease but so what? I make the best of what I have and there is more to be thankful for than distressed about. I realise I am fortunate in that I began at a time when there were meds available, it is holding the worst at bay for the PsA, the OA is more manageable through my own efforts. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Applepips are you a former member under a new name??

Completely new or a 'retread' you are very welcome :D

I listen to audios all the time! so much easier (except if you fall asleep and then you have no idea where you were!!) and also love nasty murder books :D I have not listened to any Stephen booth, but just checked him out and being set in the UK I think I might just like him!

I also have absolutely no idea how to parse a URL and don't think I ever have done so :shock:

Anyway welcome back!

Toni xx