You know you’re having a good day when........

BettyMac
BettyMac Member Posts: 201
edited 24. Jul 2018, 06:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Following on from the Triumphs thread and positive thinking....

If my wedding ring fits on the correct finger I know the oedema’s down and it’s a Good Day.
A small thing, but a significant one for me.

What signifies a Good Day for you?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It's a good day when I can wipe my feet on a doormat in the same way as everyone else. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Frankly, compared with how I was pre - meth, pre-TKRs and pre-THRs and juggling with kids, every day is a good day now.

The really satisfying ones are when I sink into the chair on an evening, exhausted with all the work done but not unduly achey.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Bagpuss123
    Bagpuss123 Member Posts: 9
    When I can squeeze the toothpaste onto my toothbrush, I can tell from that what my day is going to be like!
  • stickywicket
    Not all toothpastes are equal :wink: Some are much easier to squeeze than others.

1. Hold toothbrush in one hand and opened toothpaste tube in other.
    2. Place tube over edge of washbasin and hold there with hand holding toothbrush.
    3. Press entire fist down on bit of tube over edge of washbasin.

It works for me :D
    Steven Wright
  • Bagpuss123
    Bagpuss123 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks Sticky, I’m going to try that! Xxx
  • stickywicket
    Correction. I thought I knew how I brushed my teeth :oops:

Once the toothpaste tube is on the washbasin edge I hold it there with the brush bit of the toothbrush then squeeze using all my knuckles not my fist (though I expect fists are equally good if they will go the right way up :lol: )
    Steven Wright
  • palo
    palo Member Posts: 240
    I use something like this for toothpaste

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/302784098004?chn=ps&var=601669083890

but every day is a good day these days, I used to spend all day on the sofa unable to move, or in and out of hospital, so now every day is a good day.

Pain only exists in my mind and I try to chase it out as much as I can...with varying degrees of success...
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Everyday is a good day when I get out of bed easily, I smile for the rest of the day.

😆
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    I know it's a good day when I can fasten the fiddly buttons on my blouse and don't have to resort to a teeshirt. :D Or I can grasp the Velcro on my shoes well enough to fasten them without yelling hubby to help...…..small triumphs that matter.

Deb x
  • stickywicket
    Deb - a button hook. One of the cheapest and simplest aids available. Mine goes everywhere with me. https://tinyurl.com/y83mmzcu
    (Other brands / stores are available. :wink: )
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Thanks for the reminder SW, I gave mine to mum and never got round to replacing it so I'll get on to that today!
    Deb :D
  • BettyMac
    BettyMac Member Posts: 201
    You know you’re having a good day when . . . . It starts with you falling flat on your face while out having a gentle walk with a friend’s dog.

Serves me right for trying to multi-task - ie, walk AND talk
    :lol:

Happily, nothing damaged apart from my pride and a bit of grit in my hand. And the muscle I pulled in my back yesterday seems to have been wrenched back into the right place.

Hand thoroughly cleaned, I’m now at my sewing machine, piecing together a patchwork quilt for my new grandchild, and having a large mug of coffee.
    I’m hoping the hands will allow me to do some hand quilting of the fiddly bits - but we’ll cross that bridge if and when we get to it.

Hope you’re all coping with the heat.
  • stickywicket
    Talking has got me into a lot of trouble too :lol:

Your skill lies in putting it behind you and getting on with things that will make it a good day. I wish you every success but do stop before you need to. That will ensure a better day tomorrow too.
    Steven Wright