Pain relief.

Lee123
Lee123 Member Posts: 2
I’m 36 and recently diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my neck, brought on by a neck break 5 years ago. I have been getting more and more flare ups recently and painkillers just seem to dull the pain for a while. I was wondering if anyone has some tips as swimming, pain killers and physio don’t seem to really help. Will injections help????

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi
    Welcome to the forums. I am one of the moderation team. We all have one or more of the Arthritis 'hangers on' or care for family members with similar. The helpline team will answer your query when they see it in the forum.
    I am sure you will find empathy, support, advise, light relief and friendliness on here.
    The most used section is the "Living with Arthritis" one as most people use this one.
    At the top of the forum's page you will see several buttons which will lead you to the various subjects Arthritis Care have produced for people with arthritis.
    I look forward to seeing your future posts on the forums.
    Best wishes
    ChrisK
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,463
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Lee123 wrote:
    I’m 36 and recently diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my neck, brought on by a neck break 5 years ago. I have been getting more and more flare ups recently and painkillers just seem to dull the pain for a while. I was wondering if anyone has some tips as swimming, pain killers and physio don’t seem to really help. Will injections help????

Dear Lee123

Thank you for your posting on the forum. I am sorry to hear that you have been in so much pain with your arthritis. The information we have on neck pain may help as it contains different ways of managing this condition. You can access this on the link https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/neck-pain.aspx
    You could also speak to your GP about a review of your pain relief if your current pain medication isn’t helping manage the pain you are in. Our booklet ‘Managing pain’ has more information about ways of helping with the pain. You can access this on the link
    https://arthritiscare.org.uk/living-with-arthritis/managing-pain
    As well as posting on the ‘Living with arthritis’ forum for others experience as ChrisK has suggested you can always call us here on our freephone, confidential helpline if you would like to talk to one of our helpline team about your condition. Our number is 0808 800 4050 (weekdays 9.30am – 5pm).
    I hope this information is helpful to you.

Best Wishes
    Dawn