Just joined today..newbie

Saffey
Saffey Member Posts: 4
edited 6. Aug 2018, 10:14 in Say Hello Archive
Hi,great to be here,although in someways not! ;-)
I have been diagnosed 19 years,multiple types of Arthritis, mainly RA...which I'm on the biologicals,and Metho injections.
Trying to keep busy, positive and moving,going swimming if I can, and go to art class. I keep chatting on Facebook as joined a few cooking sites..and history groups.love doing Ancestry ( mine n friends) 10 years now.
Thanks for letting me join.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Saffey,

Welcome to the forum, just by coincidence - or maybe not - another youngster has joined today, gingerizzie, who sounds as positive and upbeat as you.

Congratulations on keeping yourself so busy, I too love investigating my family tree - when I started there was no internet and it was a trip to London to look up the indexes of birth, marriage and death and then you had to buy the certificate to see the detail. Very time consuming and we had to ration ourselves to a couple of certificates due to cost etc. Nowadays it's a dream - and I'm still finding new ancestors as more records come online.

Let us know how you keep yourself cheerful, join in anywhere, you are truly welcome

Take care
    Yvonne x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and to hear the positivity in your attitude. I am 22 years in, have psoriatic arthritis which has led to OA and fibro. I have been working with a personal trainer, go to a gym (note to self go more often!) have had art classes and am starting an origami course come September. I'm currently having a tough time thanks to the weather and despite the meds (humira and methods) but fortunately have rheumatology today which is good timing.

I hope you find the forum to be of interest, I look forward to seeing your name here and there across the boards. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Good to have you on board, saffey :D

I have RA and OA. That's enough for me :lol: How on earth do you cope with more?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright