I am a medical anomaly

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 18. Aug 2018, 16:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
Those of you with long memories may remember back to earlier this year when a steroid injection into my neck was cancelled due to a positive pregnancy test which as I'm 57, single, have a coil and no s*x life was a bit of a surprise!
Two urine tests at my GPs were also positive.
Anyway after several blood tests and an ovarian scan, the conclusion of the consultant at my second endochronology clinic, (after she had asked me how my pregnancy was going), was that as neither she or the colleague she discussed my case with could see anything in my results to explain it, is that I am a medical anomaly, the person right at the end of the bell curve!
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    :? Should we be looking out for a star in the east, Slosh :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    I think it would be a long wait SW
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    How peculiar, that's quite a feat, Slosh and might make further procedures more difficult as it's not unknown in this day-and-age for ladies beyond fifty to be pregnant. I have to explain every time I give a urine sample that a trace of blood is the norm for me, that I have been to urology and there is nothing wrong. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    the person right at the end of the bell curve!
    Make sure the word 'curve' is always included when sharing that statement......
    Just one more thing that makes you special Slosh.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I love the image, though :lol:

Slosh, seriously, is it worth carrying some affirmation about this around with you so that, in an emergency, they'd know not to waste time on an irrelevancy?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    I had already thought about keeping a copy of the letter when I get it in my purse for that exact reason DD.
    Julian of Norwich