Living with pain

MissMc68
MissMc68 Member Posts: 2
edited 9. Sep 2018, 03:17 in Say Hello Archive
Hello
I am pleased to have found this site quite by chance a few minutes ago.
I think it will help me
Osteoporosis osteoarthritis hernias in my back encroaching into spine. Won’t borevyou with more!

MissMc68

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi MissMc68 and welcome to the Arthritis Forums.

Hopefully you may find some help on our combined websites as I seem to be a little confused from your description of your condition:

- hernias " encroaching into spine" I read as a slipped disc.

You may like to explore further here:
    https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org
    https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk

Best wishes
    Brynmor
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello MissMc68 :D I'm pleased you found us too.

I have RA and OA. My spine is relatively good - touch wood :wink:

You will not be boring us, I assure you.

If you've any questions they are best put on the Living With Arthritis forum but do feel free to chip in anywhere. We're a friendly bunch :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, my life became much easier once being pain-free in many of my major and minor joints stopped being an issue. I have psoriatic and osteoarthritis which affects my joints and fibromyalgia which, when it is playing up, affects my muscles. If you gave me a pain-free day I wouldn't know how to make the most of it. :lol: I started back in 1997 so have plenty of practice at living with pain, it isn't easy but I'm used to it now. I take four 30/500 cocodamols per day to dull the sharper edges enough to allow me to get on.

Constant pain is challenging, demoralising and frustrating, it makes everything so much harder doesn't it? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • turtle
    turtle Member Posts: 30
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello, my life became much easier once being pain-free in many of my major and minor joints stopped being an issue. I have psoriatic and osteoarthritis which affects my joints and fibromyalgia which, when it is playing up, affects my muscles. If you gave me a pain-free day I wouldn't know how to make the most of it. :lol: I started back in 1997 so have plenty of practice at living with pain, it isn't easy but I'm used to it now. I take four 30/500 cocodamols per day to dull the sharper edges enough to allow me to get on.

Constant pain is challenging, demoralising and frustrating, it makes everything so much harder doesn't it? DD

I'm confused - you said pain-free - did I read that wrong

Yes, oh yes, the pain is so frustrating and does so make everything harder. Getting dressed can be a challenge, especially when tired. The tendons in my hands and starting to slip, too. SIgh.

We do go forward, though. Hang in there.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I said once being pain-free stopped, but I agree I wasn't clear enough: I blame the pain. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben