Heating.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 8. Oct 2018, 13:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
I confess that I have switched ours on (just for an hour or three) to dry soggy bath towels and finish off the washing so I can iron and air in the remaining heat. It's that in-between time of year where the outdoors is warmer than indoors but neither is enough to dry washing, so annoying. :roll: DD

PS. Our annual boiler service is booked for the end of this month, it's getting on a bit in boiler terms so forewarned is forearmed!
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Only today did we get notice from our boiler insurance people that the price was going up :roll: so Mr SW is busy trying to find a cheaper rate with decent cover.

We've only had ours on for one colder evening so far. Although the temperatures aren't what they were I'm still managing to get my washing dry outdoors.

I agree, though. On many days it's warmer out than in.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    I wonder if my rellies come from a country to the north? Must be all those gold coins piling up from the unused fuel that keeps me warm.

I usually reckon that about 10 degrees is the dividing line, up till then is good weather!

Condenser boilers are worth considering I had one put in my parents house, so cheap to run.
    🔥🔥🔥🔥😎 sunnies for ever!
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I haven't turned mine on yet though I have been tempted. I have turned on my lovely electric heater now and then for an hour or two.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's being serviced today: outdoors is drippy, foggy and misty and, because the boiler isn't on, indoors feels similar. :roll: DD
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Putting mine on for a couple of hours in the morning and evening now.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    The weather's been so variable it's difficult to know what to do about heating. I've had the CH on a couple of times when lack of sun and strong very cold winds made things uncomfortable, the woodstove has been on a few times of an evening, and some other days the windows have been open as sun and warm breezes make things feel stuffy inside.
    My boiler service is due next month but as I want a radiator replaced and a new(finger friendly!) controller fitted I'd better book that next week - the firm I use has too much work and not enough staff(can't get them, like other local firms) so getting work done takes time.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    That sounds familiar, Daffy, when Sid was here doing our service his mobile rang constantly with people wanting appointments so his work was constantly interrupted. He has charged us the same for the last four years, however, so I am not going to complain too loudly! I hope you can get yours sorted in good time, the nights now are becoming increasingly chilly. DD