Hello everyone

norrisaiken
norrisaiken Member Posts: 2
edited 25. Sep 2018, 03:17 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everyone, I am new to this site. I am thinking of joining one of the Arthritis Care branches near me. Is anyone else a member of their local branch and if so, what do you get out of at? I am a bit reluctant to join a group as I can be a bit shy. Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello norrisaiken

Welcome to Versus Arthritis. You have just joined us at the right time as we have recently merged Arthritis Care and Arthritis Research into Versus Arthritis.

If you follow the link in the headings In your area and type the appropriate postcode in the box it should give you the nearest branch/group to you. Failing which please telephone the helpline number at the head of the page and speak to one of our team who will assist accordingly.

Branches/groups do differ in help and activities also have good help and resources at their disposal through Versus Arthritis.

Enjoy the forum, we have many forum users who attend branches/groups throughout the UK and I'm sure they'll be along to offer you some guidance and advice.

Best wishes

John
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,395
    Hello norrisaiken

and welcome to the forums from me too. :D

Mod John is quite right all branches are different and the only way to find out if you'll fit in is by giving it a go.

I went to our local branch with 2 other members from this forum the first time.

best of luck

Toni
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I use the forum as my arthritis group. I can 'meet' people from all over the UK and the world (this group is unique) and it's here whenever I want to pop in. I find I'm not very good at clubs as the majority meet in the evenings and I'm shot to bits by 5pm.

I have a creaky foot in both camps with an auto-immune arthritis plus osteo. My hospital runs its own group for auto-immuners which meets every Thursday at 7.30pm, beginning with a hydrotherapy session, have you looked at the notice board at your hospital? I am not aware of my GPs surgery doing something similar for OA-ers but then I'm not aware of it doing much at all except closing regularly for meetings. :wink:

Every member of a group was new once and I am sure that you will be given a warm and friendly welcome - the only ones who truly understand what it's like to have arthritis are those who do, including us. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben