Moving house update

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 2. Oct 2018, 06:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well September has been a very busy month which is why instead of selling at a craft market today I am sat at home in my pyjamas and dressing gown.

So, my house went on the market on the 11th, I had a couple of evening viewings and then an open house on the 22nd and then recieved three offers and accepted one on the 24th!

I paid two visits to Peterborough, one to register with estate agents and explore the area and the second to view some properties (found a local branch of Lenny Henry's favourite hotels) and on the 25th put in and had accepted an offer on one that was perfect for me on both head and heart grounds.

So, now it's down to the solicitors and surveys etc but as there is no chain involved hopefully it will be pretty smooth.

Thank you for all the advice, I not only looked around but also did a lot of on-line research and I'm moving to a large village, Yaxley, 6 miles south of Peterborough. It has local shops, a GP surgery with good reviews, lots of groups and things going on and is close to a shopping mall and a supermarket.

The property is perfect. A newly refurbished 2 bedroom bungalow with a wet room, disabled toilet (and yes I know it's not the toilet that's disabled), new fitted kitchen and a ramp up to the side door! It also has a very pretty, but not too big garden and a garage which I can convert to a studio.

So now it's back to more sorting/decluttering etc but at least all the viewings are over.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Some say it is the most stressful times in your life, I found it a day of positives, problems yes but moving towards a goal.

Make sure you go out for lunch and leave the removal men to it.👍
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh slosh, that sounds ideal (just as No.10 was/is for us). I've heard of Yaxley (despite not being local to that area) and it sounds as though you will have everything you will need. East Anglia generally has a thriving craft scene so I hope you soon find your feet in that millieu. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you both.
    My plans for the actual move include getting everything packed up for me and then staying at the local hotel overnight.
    My lovely daughter also told me that she will arrange for her Dad to have the children overnight so she and my son-in-law can come up with me on the day, to offer both practical and emotional support.

Fancy you knowing of Yaxley D, it does seem very friendly and I just felt at home there.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Like my late Dad I enjoy reading maps and I note names on signposts. It's also featured in one of my alphabet lists, one for two syllable place names and was for 'x'. (Ascot, Beamish, Claydon, Dedham, Esher, Farnham etc.) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Options
    Love that! I remember learning about the origins of place names at school and how there were often clues as to their age in them.
    Julian of Norwich