Onwards and upwards or just groundhog day?

Options
Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 13. Nov 2018, 05:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
After 40 odd years of arther I was referred to the musculoskeletal team who have decided that I have widespread OA (I think I've been here before!) and they can't help me so back to GP with a recommendation to see the rheumy for some anti inflamatory drugs before a visit to the surgeon as a last resort.

Whats good at the moment? and the downside?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    What a useful appointment that was - NOT. :roll: My rheumatologist prescribed the same anti-inflammatories as offered by the GP so no difference there because they are what they are: are they going to check that there is not an auto-immune component to your situation? Or perhaps they will try you on methotrexate, I understand that this has been happening for some with OA. I no longer need anti-inflammatories on a daily basis thanks to the meth and humira but my OA inflammation differs in that it is localised, in which case voltarol comes in useful. The auto-immune inflammation affects my whole body and causes a different feeling.

Onwards and sideways, Airwave!, that's what we do. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    How frustrating Airwave, onwards, sideways, diagonally any way but forwards.
    Isn't there a chess piece that moves in a strange way?
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    I think the queen gets to do what she wants but I recoil at being associated with her!

I suggested the same move a number of times over the years, hey ho. I do feel that I am going round in circles sometimes.

We shall see.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Mm. Go home and live with it. As if we'd any choice.

It's true that methotrexate is being trialled for some OA patients with knee OA but I think It's still at the trial stage.

Yes, the queen can shoot around at will but, as for us drones......
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, how are things now? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben