I think I have a problem

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 23. Nov 2018, 17:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
My neck hurts so much I can't bear to move it and I stink of deep heat now I know it won't do any good but I used it cause I can't stand him whittering on about it so I used it to shut him up, my daughter said to him you know mums not the mardy sort so it must be hurting her,I also have lower back pain which is shooting down my right leg,I see my rheumatologist in 2 weeks, after all these years of being virtually pain free I don't like it one bit I just hope its not arthur raising its ugly head.

Thinking of you and your family Sticky.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I too think you do and I am so sorry. My neck was bad last week and it was miserable (so was I) and the shooting pain down the leg sounds reminiscent to me of sciatica but as you know I am not a doc.

Don't hang on for rheumatology, my lovely, I don't think this is to do with them.
    Go and see your GP as soon as you can. It must be very difficult with Mr Mig being as he is, I send hugs. ((((( ))))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    Just phoned gp have got to wait till he phones back so he can assess whether I need an app.
  • dreamdaisy
    Flaming Norah! You're not a GP-botherer, of course you need an appointment. :roll: I hope he rings back soon and sees you sooner. DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Please tell him that DD and I say - most emphatically - that you need an appointment :mrgreen:

No, mig,you are not the mardy sort as your perceptive daughter has pointed out. She know that. We know that and I just hope your GP knows that.

Frankly, I've no idea what's causing it to flare like this so quickly but you must be anxious about Mr Mig (I know we could clatter them at times but we do love the dozy wassocks, don't we?) so I guess that's a contributory factor.

Please keep us in the loop.

((( )))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Have been to see Dr this afternoon ( only a young Man ) who was very thorough and confessed he didn't know what was happening but thinks its RA relate or lupus just making sure it hasn't been forgotten so he's ordered a whole series of blood tests including thyroid so thats it for now watch this space.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh Mig, what a blasted nuisance, I hope the test results come through quickly so you know what's what. Please let us know when you know. ((( ))) DD
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    These things always pick the worst time don't they! Hope they come back quickly and something can be sorted for you.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Hm. In which case, have a few more ((( )))

Please update us as and when, mig.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Blasted internets been off all day.Off I trotted to have bloods done told the young lady that i usually have to have a baby needle so she had to have a go with the ordinary size so after much probbing and prodding gave up and used the baby one, just got to wait for the results now.
  • dreamdaisy
    Why don't the so-called professionals listen? I often wonder if they routinely tune-out patients thanks to Dr Google; when you might be faced by a parade of people telling you what's wrong with them I guess you do stop hearing what you have been told. I hope the results are back soon - how are things feeling now? I hope your neck is not so swollen and the pain has reduced. DD
  • mig
    Its not really any better but its not any worse so I suppose thats a good thing.I think the results should be in by tuesday if not before.
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello, I'm thinking of you. DD
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    mig wrote:
    Blasted internets been off all day.Off I trotted to have bloods done told the young lady that i usually have to have a baby needle so she had to have a go with the ordinary size so after much probbing and prodding gave up and used the baby one, just got to wait for the results now.
    Oh Mig, as if you didn't have enough to deal with. My daughter has this problem with needle size; it was first picked up best part of 20 years ago, but she still has this argument every time a blood test is needed(fortunately not often these days). It isn't helped by the fact that she's a strapping lass so those wielding the weapon don't listen to what she's saying as they can't see why it would be necessary - until they've bashed her about and admitted defeat, which then leads, if she's really unlucky, to the 'oh we don't have any baby needles' .
  • mig
    I just phoned the surgery for my blood results and was told that the Doctor will phone me later this afternoon now is that good news or bad ?nothing is any better so I hope they can tell me what's going on. I see my rheumy on tuesday for my 6month check up.
  • Slosh
    Hope it's nothing to worry about, keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    I don't know if it's good or bad but surely it's better that a doc chats to you rather than a receptionist, yes? DD
  • mig
    Just had the call from doctor who asked to see me so she could have a look at the swelling at the base of my throat, inflammatory makers were high (sp) were high and liver count was elevated, she got one of the other doctors to come and have a look at my throat both said they were thinking something to do with the thymus glands which are behind the thyroid ,she is going to call my rheumy in the morning she wants it looked at and sorted.
    John has a app at hospital for his pre op at 8.30 in the morning so we shall keep that app and I will keep my phone on so she can call menthe hospitals are on different sides of nottingham luckily we have a good transport system.
  • stickywicket
    Mig, ((( ))) for both of you. I shall be thinking of you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Had another call from gp this morning who had spoken to rheumy they recommended I have X-ray which is booked for tomorrow morning.Been at hospital all morning with hubby who had his Pre op,just about ready to scream I’m so fed up with it all.
  • Slosh
    You must be.
    Everything must be really getting on top of you. Try and take it easy for the rest of the day.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Of course you're fed up, mig. Who wouldn't be?

Things are getting sorted. And quickly. Sometimes that can bring its own worries but usually it's just people ensuring and taking no risks. I'll be there tomorrow.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Back to yesterday ,John had his pre op and things went fine till it came to his ECG it picked up atrial fibrillation so they gave me the readings to take to our gp so they could do a reading as well managed to get him in that afternoon and he had another test done turns out the aspirin he takes is not doing the job anymore so we have to have a different med ,gp talked us through the options she did not recommend warfrin as its difficult to get the dosage right of the three newer drugs she talked about there was one that she recommended which she thought would suit him better because of his past history but she gave us print out of all the drugs so we could make up our own minds and she would phone us on wednesday to see which he had decided on.Had x ray this morning just got to wait for results and will see rheumy on tuesday.

I must say our GP has been in our corner all week long live the NHS.
  • Slosh
    Sounds as though you are really lucky with your GP. Hope you don't have to wait too long for your xray results.
    Julian of Norwich