Hello

Bethmacca2
Bethmacca2 Member Posts: 3
edited 30. Nov 2018, 09:12 in Say Hello Archive
Hi , just joined today.

I have had arthritis for 18 years. 2 knee replacements and a wrist replacement.
I still work full time and have a very supportive Manager which is great.
My husband is a massive support at home as after work I am shattered most days.
BETH

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Beth
    and welcome to the forums, it is lovely to have you here. You will find the members very friendly and supportive so please feel free to join in.
    You seem to be managing well after 2 knee replacements and a wrist replacement. Certainly having a supportive manager must be very helpful at work. I am not at all surprised you are tired after work, arthritis can affect how much energy we have.
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you. I guess you have osteoarthritis? I have that, in my case it was caused by my other arthritis, psoriatic (PsA) which began in 1997 when I was 37. The OA was diagnosed in 2011 and I was refused new knees when I was 52 because I was too young. Some of my joints have one kind, some the other and others both, so life has its challenges.

I am lucky enough to be retired and also have a very supportive husband. When I was working my boss was also very kind etc. because I was self-employed so had a good understanding of my needs. :wink: I hope you find the forum to be of interest, most people look in on the Living with Arthritis board on here which is where we talk about meds, appointments, practicalities etc. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Bethmacca2
    Bethmacca2 Member Posts: 3
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello, it's nice to meet you. I guess you have osteoarthritis? I have that, in my case it was caused by my other arthritis, psoriatic (PsA) which began in 1997 when I was 37. The OA was diagnosed in 2011 and I was refused new knees when I was 52 because I was too young. Some of my joints have one kind, some the other and others both, so life has its challenges.

I am lucky enough to be retired and also have a very supportive husband. When I was working my boss was also very kind etc. because I was self-employed so had a good understanding of my needs. :wink: I hope you find the forum to be of interest, most people look in on the Living with Arthritis board on here which is where we talk about meds, appointments, practicalities etc. I wish you well. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, if you want to reply to a comment it's better not to click on the 'reply with quote' as it is not clear where to write your answer. Above and under the comment, however, there is a button that says 'reply to topic', clicking that brings up a clean page where you can put your comments, then click submit. New forums are tricky to navigate, aren't they? I hope this helps. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben