A visit to A&E

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 3. Dec 2018, 04:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
After lunch time today the bottom of my sternum started to feel sore and tender about an hour later I noticed it had started to swell it hurt so much that I must admit I cried so my daughter took me to hospital as I was told to,I had history taken and the nurse gave me a dose of orimorph then we were taken through to a waiting area where I had ecg and bloods taken, when I saw the doctor he examined me (which hurt) he said it the cartilage between my ribs and sternum that's badly inflamed the only thing to do is take pain meds and wait while it runs its course as it did with the swelling at the top of the sternum, the doctor did give it a name but it was long and complicated to pronounce.My heart and blood pressure were fine bloods were ok.So now im home feeling sorry for myself be glad when it stops hurting . Take care all Mig

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Might it be Costochondritis, mig? Try putting it in the AC search engine.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    That sounds about right Sticky and blinking painful it is.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh Mig, that is horrible. I am so sorry and I hope things improve soon.

I apologize for not answering your question about where to read about humira: a) I forgot ( :oops: I've been pre-occupied by my Christmas trees) and b) I genuinely don't know. I guess a responsible site such as NHS Choices (or whatever it's called) would be a good place to start. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    Thats alright DD not doing much today so I will have a look to see what I can find,I know these drugs must have been properly tested but I think I need to read up on them just incase I'm asked to swop.