Pyjames

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 6. Dec 2018, 09:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
I know its a little early as he could have several months to wait for his right hip op I was wondering what sort of pjs would be best to have for after the op, he said he didn't need any he will just use the ones he has BUT he has had them a long while can't let him go to hospital with his backside nearly hanging out. Mig

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Better early than last minute, mig.

Personally I always wear a nightie but Mr mig might find that a tad embarrassing :wink:

You're actually not in hospital long and at first you're in a surgical gown anyway. For later - just make sure everything is easily accessible (Onesies are not a good idea :lol: ) for wound, BP and heart monitoring. And he'll probably come out of theatre with a catheter so no tight cuffs.

Does he run hot or cold? I'm always lathered in hospitals so I'd want a cool material but he might be the opposite.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    If the NHS has anything to do with it his backside will be hanging out.
    Those gowns are awlful!

I have brought 'lounge suits' euphemistically called such but pj bottoms to everyone else, Primark or similar for a few squid, a t shirt and jumper and hes decent and ready to receive his visitors.
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Personally I always wear a nightie but Mr mig might find that a tad embarrassing :wink:
    A nightshirt would be the male equivalent I suppose...nightcap optional, candlestick not advised!
    Airwave re the hospital gowns and exposure I remember one Xray appointment I was told to take 2 gowns and put them on opposite ways round; the skimpiness wasn't an issue for me as I'm small but the lack of ties would have been as it was a very public waiting area and the walk to the room was along a main and also very public corridor. I was able to pass the tip on to others while I was waiting for my turn as not all the staff did so. I think the department must have been the dumping ground for rejects from elsewhere in the hospital!