Breaking point

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 4. Jan 2019, 04:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
As some of you know I'm in the process of selling one house and buying another and to say it is a saga is an understatement and I am at breaking point with it now - my daughter phoned me because I sent her a message with a swear word in and I just burst into tears.

I have been in my house for 16 years so this is all very new to me. About 4 weeks ago a completion date (13th December) was agreed and as the estate agents told me this was agreed, I went ahead and booked/paid for removals and packing...it was only later they explained I should have waited to exchange.
We couldn't exchange last week as my buyers solicitor was away so it was due to happen this week.
Yesterday(5th), my solicitor was expecting to recieve the paperwork from my buyers, as of this afternoon, he has not recieved anything and the buyers solicitor is not replying to emails or returning phone calls...let alone answering them.
It's the same thing with my estate agents, he isn't responding to any of their emails or phone calls.
My buyer is as keen as me to get this sorted.
I just can't take this anymore. My anxiety levels are sky high and I've just been on the phone in tears to my daughter.
The earliest now is Monday which means a very long weekend.
I feel so helpless, there's nothing more I can do. I've been emailing and praying.
I just want to know I can move house next Thursday and no-one can tell me that.
I don't want to see anyone or talk to anyone (other than my daughter) and just want to hide away. Not surprisingly my pain levels are starting to climb.
I've just had enough.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh slosh sorry to read this so Im sending my love and some hugs (((()))).mig
  • BettyMac
    BettyMac Member Posts: 201
    I’m not surprised you’re stressed and fed-up. That sounds very frustrating.

I hope things resolve soon.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    More ((( )))s from me, Slosh.

Our problems were all with the solicitors. Ours and the buyers.

I'm going for the tough love approach so read no further if you don't feel up to it.

I suggest you assume the worst and work out a Plan B. No, it's not what you want in any size, shape or form but it's a form of distraction and you might find out that the worst case scenario is not as bad as you feared even though it's not welcome.

You are a strong woman, Slosh. You can handle this.

((( )))

And, if you run out of swear words, I'm your woman :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Thank you all, and thank you Sticky for that vote of confidence.
    It helped just posting. I have come up with a back up plan.
    1 Put move back a week, book another removal service and write off the money already paid out for removals.
    2 Go on Judge Rinder to claim back the money lost from the buyers solicitor
    3 Post in the local facebook groups to avoid using this solicitor for conveyincing (can't spell).
    BUT
    Hopefully that won't be needed as at 6.00pm I got a message from my estate agent saying the buyers solicitor had been in touch with mine and was going to send over paperwork for tomorrow to exchange.
    Those who can keep your fingers crossed for me!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Here's hoping for good news on Friday Slosh, so that you can have a reasonable weekend. Coming up with plans for worst case scenario is useful as it gives you back a measure of control and helps direct anger and pain to productive ends.
    Such a blessing to have your daughter's support through this.
  • Slosh
    Thank you Daffy2, I'm so glad I'm going over to see her and my grandchildren today. I'm in need of hugs and cuddles and I'll be getting plenty of both. It will also stop me checking my emails quite as often.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Hope things are progressing more positively today . Enjoy your family cuddles . Hugs (((((( )))))).

Look forward to making the new house your home, and hopefully the Christmas tree will be up and shining in it by next weekend.
    Deb xx t79146
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I, too, hope things are happening for you. Good luck!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    I'm moving on Thursday !!!!!
    Email from my solicitor arrived this morning, unfortunately after I had left for my daughter's, and although I was able to open it and share the news with my daughter, as she doesn't have a printer I wasn't able to print out and return them today. Anyway they are now printed, signed, and witnessed by my next-door-neighbour, scanned and emailed to my solicitor, and hard copies ready to be posted off by guaranteed 1.00pm delivery so he will get them Monday.
    Thank you so much for all your support yesterday, it helped so much.
    My head is spinning and I have a feeling sleep is going to be in short supply tonight!
    Julian of Norwich
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    What a relief , I'm so pleased for you Slosh. Enjoy your weekend.
  • Slosh
    Thank you, I plan to!
    Julian of Norwich
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Dear Slosh,

So pleased you’ve got a light at the end of this tunnel. It really does seem that moving house is one of the most stressful things we do - but it’s also clear it shouldn’t be. You will be all in a whirl now - let us know when you get in and have your own keys!

Love from us all
    Yvonne x
  • Slosh
    Thank you. Very pleased I have opted to get everything packed by removal firm.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    YEAH
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hurrah! I apologise for not posting yesterday, I fancied a day off from the forum but I am so pleased that things are resolved and it's all systems go. DD

t115006
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    :D hurrah, best news . Hope it all runs smoothly on your big day. Xx
  • Slosh
    Thanks both. Not surprisingly I slept even worse than usual last night as my head was racing. Luckily I signed up in the summer for a service that sorts out your council tax, best utilities, internet etc and in one fifeteen minute phone call I sorted out all that for the new place plus arranged for building and contents insurance and for my current suppliers/council tax to be informed. Well worth the £50 or what ever it cost me.
    I have also arranged for my post to be redelivered and ordered a fridge-freezer and washer-dryer to be delivered the day after I move. I have a combo microwave so will get a proper cooker in the sales.
    I also posted the contract etc off by special delivery.
    Not surprisingly I feel shattered, and plan a super lazy, spoon saving day tomorrow!
    Julian of Norwich
  • dibdab
    Well done. Pyjamas day tomorrow with your favourite movie and a ready meal!
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I read yesterday and meant to respond and then I saw your good news. Congratulations! You deserve this and I hope you're happy in your new place. Definitely have a rest, pamper yourself and do something nice. Take care.
  • Slosh
    No plans to get dressed! Got to get some online jewellery orders finished ready to be posted off tomorrow (closing for Christmas orders today on both shops) but apart from that binge watching and Christmas movies are the order of the day.
    Julian of Norwich
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Slosh,

That's brilliant news that it can all go ahead now. You must be so relieved!

I hope that the move goes as smoothly as possible. Make sure you hang onto the kettle and tea making equipment though. Oh - and biscuits or cakes might be a good idea for the packers and on move day itself for the removalists. :P

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't experience any more hitches or delays, also that you get settled in quickly.

Take care of yourself,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello, I am thinking of you. ((( ))) DD
  • Slosh
    Thank you DD.
    Well I have exchanged contracts!
    'nuff said
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    :D DD
  • dreamdaisy
    All set? DD