Arthritis Support

Scorio300
Scorio300 Member Posts: 3
edited 7. Feb 2023, 10:12 in News Archive
I can't speak too highly of the support I have had from Milton Keynes NHS Hospital. Their attention to my rheumatoid arthritis symptoms have been so helpful.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello
    Welcome to the forum, you will find the other members are friendly, offer you support and advice and will emphasis with you. I am one of the moderation team, we all have one or more of the Arthritis "hanger ons" or care for family with the same.
    It is good to hear that you have good support with your hospital for your rheumatoid arthritis. It would be good if you posted again on the forum to tell us more about yourself and your experience of arthritis.
    I look forward to reading your future posts.
    Best wishes
    ChrisK
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Welcome from me, too. Yes, it helps a great deal when everyone does their best to make things as good as possible for us. I'm glad you're in a hospital that does.

Please join us on the other forums :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, that's nice to hear and is just how it should be. In my early days my hospital was very good (it is a teaching one which makes me wonder if that makes a difference) but as time has gone on individual attention is now a thing of the past. I hope you continue to receive good service. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Scorio300
    Scorio300 Member Posts: 3
    moderator wrote:
    Hello
    Welcome to the forum, you will find the other members are friendly, offer you support and advice and will emphasis with you. I am one of the moderation team, we all have one or more of the Arthritis "hanger ons" or care for family with the same.
    It is good to hear that you have good support with your hospital for your rheumatoid arthritis. It would be good if you posted again on the forum to tell us more about yourself and your experience of arthritis.
    I look forward to reading your future posts.
    Best wishes
    ChrisK

Hi
    I'm 72 and was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis some 30 years ago. My symptoms have been limited to swollen joints but during the last few months I have experienced considerable pain in my wrists. I have had physiotherapy and prescribed medication by a rheumatologist. Although I still experience some pain the treatment has been helpful.
    Regards
    John

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I think that's all we can reasonably expect, isn't it? The disease will always be with us and so will the pain but, if we can deter the worst of the disease by taking the meds, and keep joints moving with the physio, then I think we're doing well. Kindness of the medical people does help a lot too, I agree.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright