Osteoarthritis

sammyjay137
sammyjay137 Member Posts: 2
edited 10. Dec 2018, 07:34 in Say Hello Archive
Hi. This is my first time here. I am 52 and have severe widespread Osteoarthritis, amongst other illnesses. I'm hoping to speak to others that understand and hopefully can give me some advice, so HELLO everyone and I'm pleased to be here! :-D

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello sammyjay and welcome to the Versus Arthritis forums.

Sorry to hear that you have widespread Osteoarthritis. The website has a whole section on the subject that you might like to look at, plus an information booklet you can download:

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/osteoarthritis/

What advice can we give you? I'm sure that we can help with most of the things you might ask, as we all have long experience of many aspects of arthritis.

I look forward to reading your posts.
    Brynmor
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Sammyjay and welcome from me too :D There are plenty of us on here with OA and we're always up for a chat. As Mod Brynmor says, just give us a bit more info about what sort of advice you want. If you have a read of the booklet that he's given you the link for that might answer a few questions. Then come back to us and we'll try to deal with anything else :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have psoriatic arthritis and the joint damage that caused led to osteoarthritis, some joints have one, some the other and others both. I began aged 37 and am now 59 so know a little about the changes and challenges arthritis brings. I hope you find the forum to be of interest and I look forward to seeing your name here and there. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben