What will you do?

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
edited 15. Dec 2018, 06:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
I think most of you, like me, will look on Christmas with mixed feelings. Yes, it's lovely to catch up with family and friends but our arthritic bodies will be the party poopers putting something of a damper on most gatherings. Will you miss any social occasions this Christmas because of pain and fatigue or will you carry on and accept the payback?

(a) I'll aim to get to everything and take what comes in payback

(b) I'll aim to get to everything but might have to miss the odd one.

(c) I have already planned what I can and can't do but I realise my plans might have to change.

(d) I'll manage Christmas dinner but not much else.

(e) Pain and fatigue will mean I miss social gatherings at Christmas altogether.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• danm2010
    danm2010 Member Posts: 32
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I’m planning on less visits to family and trying to get them to see me - except elderly family members.

Fatigue is only affect me the day after metho so I’m lucky so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ooooh that's a tricky one, it's horses for courses isn't it? We have no family demands so can please ourselves: we won't be seeing friends who do have family demands - it's luxurious sitting back and listening to the moans about Christmas diplomacy, something we do not miss. I'll do what I can - the world won't end if I can't manage some things and the majority of the preparation is done: if the arthritis goes agin me it will be disappointing but no more than that. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    We are at home this christmas but going out for lunch to the local carvery we go there about once a month and it suits us all.Not buying turkey but I have brought a gammon joint that will do us for a few days.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    I miss rolling around on the floor with the gc, I'm a kid at hezrt, a sebse of the ridiculous.

Apart from xmas and boxing day it will be wuiet.
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    I'll be doing what I can. Thanks for the poll SW - I think you have summed up the options for us all extremely well! :lol:

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Thank you all for doing the poll and confirming my view that we may be arthritic but we are a forum of'doers' and 'achievers' :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright