Eyup from Yorkshire!

Options
Diadic
Diadic Member Posts: 5
edited 17. Dec 2018, 12:34 in Say Hello Archive
Hey everyone.

Hope the arthritis isn't playing havoc with you today

I've psoriatic and osteoarthritis. Up until a few years ago I used to be very active - hill walking and mountain biking mainly - but find that I've started to isolate myself and rarely go out. Guess I should do something about that!

Sithee later folks.

Graham
Aged 50 and 1/4 πŸ˜†

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi diadic Welcome to the forum glad you have found us everyone is friendly and understanding and will try and help in any way to make you feel part of the forum the most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat
    All the best Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I too have PsA and OA, fun innit? I was never that active thanks to chronic asthma but I miss what I was once able to do, especially cycling and dancing. I daresay I would be reducing those activities anyway as the depredations of age begin to hit but those in addition to arthritis is beyond a joke. :roll: I began aged 37 and will be 60 next March so have a good few years under my belt.

I will not allow the disease to isolate me, if there is a social event on the horizon then I prepare for it by resting and recover in the same way. I managed to work for seventeen years but was fortunate to be self-employed which meant I could tailor things to help myself. I remain the only one in my peer group to be affected by diagnosed arthritis but, given the ubiquity of OA, I am sure it won't be so for much longer: I look forward to seeing how they cope. :wink:

Come and talk to us, we all get it because we've all got it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Diadic
    Options
    Obtuse version of fun, yes πŸ˜†

I came down with my PSA in my final year of my Fine Arts degree as a (im)mature πŸ˜‰. And as it primarily affected my hands and wrists it really was fun trying to combine art and studying πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

At one point I was seriously concerned that I was going to totally lose the use of my hands - kinda scary.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Hi there, diadic.

I'm from Yorkshire too but I'm a born again Scot these days. I love Yorkshire but I love the Scottish Borders too.

I have RA and OA and mine, too, started in my hands. I had to have an amanuensis for my finals. That was years ago and I can still use them. I didn't say 'well' :wink: but well enough.

I think if we keep taking the meds, eating sensibly and doing the hard graft of physio then somehow or other we muddle on.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Diadic
    Options
    I'm very fond of the Lake District which is close to the Scottish Border 😁

Would've loved to get to Scotland walking but that's not going to happen now 😞

Not receiving any physio at the moment - may need to have a word with the consultant.

My diet definitely needs improving too.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am fortunate in that the PsA, although in my fingers, is not affecting them too badly: yes it hurts to move them but they are reasonably flexible. The OA in my wrists is more of a nuisnace. I am positive that the methotrexate and humira is responsible for keeping the worst of the PsA at bay. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Diadic
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words and welcome.