Just to say Hello

Options
Authoritis
Authoritis Member Posts: 2
edited 19. Dec 2018, 06:02 in Say Hello Archive
Hope I'm in the right place now?
I'm Chris from here, just want to say hello to everyone, just joined and looking to get involved, I'm a ten-year sufferer and some mental health problems. Hey ho it's just a few aches and pains (not). The first action I did was to send the letter to my local political BS merchant and I received the usual splutter back and filed it under B.
Can anyone tell me how to get involved and help others?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello and welcome Authoritis to Versus Arthritis Forum

Sorry to read your have struggling with arthritis for so long, you have come to the right place to find some support. Our forum users have a wide range of arthritis and are very friendly and supportive who can offer a good advice.

Please enjoy the forum.

John
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Hi and welcome, Chris, though I'm sorry you're qualified to join us.
    How can you help? Well, you could stick around here for a start. Lots of people arrive just wanting a kind word of welcome or help understanding who does what in the wonderful world of arthritis. And / or, if you click on the 'Get Involved' tab ob the grey menu above, other ways are mentioned
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I am sorry you have had to find us. I am twenty-two years in, I began with psoriatic arthritis in 1997 when I was 37 then osteoarthritis was diagnosed in 2011. I also have fibromyalgia and take a small daily dose of citalopram to ease my depression.

I have to admit that I cannot be bothered with the emotive language employed when talking about living with a disease. I am not in a battle or fight, my life has been (and will continue to be) affected, compromised in some ways too, but so what? It was never that good from birth so I don't miss what I have never had. :lol: I also find talking about my arthritis very boring, it solves nothing for me but I can see the value in relating my experiences to others in case it helps them. I think it vital that I keep busting the myths that surround this disease, for one of the most common afflictions in the UK the level of general ignorance needs addressing (and I include the medical profession in there too). Once upon a time I too was ignorant, it's not until one is affected that you begin to investigate matters so it is understandable. I knew a great deal about eczema and asthma (my childhood wreckers) so the PsA was no great surprise.

I hope you find the forum to be of interest, we all get it because we all have it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben